Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

where to start ?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by idahorock, May 26, 2005.

1. idahorock

idahorock Newbie

Hi all..I just bought a 91 suburban.......totally stock...I'm trying to decide where to start the mods at. I want the weekend off road look, not the family cruiser or the baja look. Thinking of buying a complete 6" lift off ebay, and adding 315 X 16 tires.(the equivlent to a 35" I think). I have 16" rims (rig is 3/4 ton)....any advice on this step would be helpful !!! Are there hidden down falls that I'm missing ? i.e....axel pitch, transfercase height, shock mounts ...ect...Also looking to find a brand name of a cargo rack capable of handling a couple round lights,3 coolers and a canoe...
    Thanks all !!

2. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

If its just for the look 35s and 6" would look good just make sure you buy a good lift kit that has everything you need like brakelines steering corrections the right shocks and ask if your drivelines will need to be lengthened tell them what t-case and and axles and ask about shims also. As for the roof rack call Steve Egan at CBI offroad he does custom fab work and has done several roof racks his number is 223-5650 he is in Rigby but will be moving his shop to Idaho Falls sometime this summer.