Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where to Wheel!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jeepguy, Jun 7, 2004.

1. jeepguy

jeepguy Registered Member

Well Im sure I am gonna be considered an A$$ hole for this but hey who cares. I am just wanting to get the opinion of club members in here about staying on open roads and not running closed ones? I ask because this weekend in Colorado My buddy and I whitnessed a group of Fullsize rigs attempting an old hill climb that was closed. I mean I watched them drive over the damn sign saying it was closed. Is this something you all agree with?? Oh buy the way the only reason I came to this sight is 2 of the trucks had stickers from this sight. So much for being responsible huh??

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I assure you that it must be an isolated incident. I wheel with many longtime members here and that stuff doesn't sit too well. Is it possible that the sign was down already ? Perhaps no one saw it and thats why it was driven over.

BTW , and I am sure it would be the consensus here, you should of talked to them . /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

That is wrong...if an obstacle is closed....than it's closed and people should respect that.

4. jeepguy

No bro the sigh was floppin against the bumper as he went over it and then back again as he came down. I wish I had taken a pic of it then you all could see what I am talking about

5. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

If it is known or posted it will be obeyed. That is the way it is supposed to work. We as an offroad community do not condone the misuse of public or private lands, and what you have said is misuse. I agree that the consensus will be overwhelmingly against that type of behavior.

6. jeepguy

And I did talk to them. Shortly after I did they were back on the road and having a fun Legal time on the trails

7. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

If it is an offical closed sign then everyone should stay off, but like any large group, there are always those select few that make the rest look bad.

8. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

did you get there names? also what type of vechiles where they?

9. jeepguy

I did not get names but there was like 5 of them I think. 2 or 3 fullsize chevy pickups.One K5 Blazer(Blue and Yellow) and a Fullsize ford. I did get the plate number of the blazer( he is the one who I saw going over the closed road sign). I reported him but dont have a pic so I doubt anything will become of it.

10. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

The vast majority of the people here are responsible adults who take our sport, personal property, and the restricted access seriously. But, like any other large site with open membership, there are always some jerks who can't act responsibly. There will always be morons who cause problems by excessive alcohol consumption or wheeling in places they should not be trespassing. But this is not accepted or condoned by the vast majority of our members. Anyone, even non-members, can buy and run a CK5 sticker. Unfortunately, some of the morons choose to embarrass the rest of us by doing so while engaged in unacceptable activities. No way to change that, just a fact of life…

As for what you report witnessing, I have no idea who would do that, or if there might have been mitigating circumstances. Based on your description I doubt it. But, not having been there and with no pics, I try to keep an open mind and give the benefit of the doubt unless there is clear objective evidence to the contrary. A better description of the trucks and location would help in figuring out who they might be.

11. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

Just curious, where at in Colorado was this?

12. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

BTW, just for clearification, this is a 4WD web site focused on full size GM 4x4s. We are not a "club" and have no control over what site members do other than what happens on the site.

13. jeepguy

It was on a road off of old stage road. I was coming down the back way off Mount Baldy and on the last hill I could see across the valley below. Trail Number 376A was where they were at. They had crossed a water crossing that is on the trail and open and as the trail climbs up and turns left there is an old hill climb that continues straight up instead of turning. They were right there climbing that washed out hill climb. next time I will get pics. Even iff I see these rigs around town I will photo them and post here for yall to see.

14. jeepguy

Okay please let me explain something. I came here to let you know that some people are choosing to make stupid choices in the K5 Big truck community. I am not holding any hard feeling towards those who follow the rules. I am just passing on what I know to help all of us wheelers take care of our own so the athorities dont have to close more of our muched needed trails. I know we cant stop everyone but I figure if we can pass on info that we have we can work together to stop some of it. If that offends any one here I am sorry.

15. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

It shouldn't offend anyone, this is how trails get closed, thanks for letting us know.

16. ktedesco

ktedesco 1/2 ton status

To correct jeepguys observation of seeing 2 rigs with CK5 stickers, there was only one, it was mine. I was in the area with another truck (the fullsize silver colored Silverado). I was the one who went up to the trail with you and got out when you walked by asking if "He knew how ignorant it was to do that". I was not with him, we encountered that group along the trail and linked up with them. Believe me, my friend and I chastised him heavily after he pulled that stunt and we then left that groups company. Just because you saw a sticker on my vehicle, do not assume we were with him. I had never wheeled with him before nor is he a member here. I know, because I asked him when we met if he had heard of the site and he had not.

17. jeepguy

Thank you for correcting me. And as I said before I hold no hard feelings towards those who play by the rules. I do remember you walking up there when I did. I do wish to appoligize for thinking you were all together. That is my mistake. And that guy wasnt the only one that was in the wrong yesterday. I got a pic of an S-10 and a Taco in a mud whole that had 3 closed signs on it but they didnt care. Too bad plate numbers didnt turn out. And I know there are plenty of us Jeep guys who do the same dumb things so please dont think that I think we are golden children because were not.

18. fordeater

fordeater 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Man, quit being a little tattle tale. BIg deal, a sticker was on a truck. If they had an edelbrock sticker would you go call up edelbrock and tell them that somebody with an edelbrock sticker was on a closed trail? I would hope not. You are pretty dumb coming in here whining about that. There is nothing anybody here can do about that. Call the police and drop it. Some people!

19. jeepguy

Sorry to hurt your little feelings.

20. fordeater

fordeater 1/2 ton status Premium Member

oh yeah, i'm so sure, you really hurt my feelings. You are the little baby. You are just jealous cause your little heep couldn't make it up the trail. Get a real rig