Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where Were You Guys--VA Trail Run?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by johnny reb, Aug 20, 2000.

1. johnny reb

johnny reb 1/2 ton status

Boss, I got your message on my cell phone. But I didn't have a signal the whole time I was there. Didn't get it until I was almost home today. Anyway, I was at the Cracker Barrel until 1 PM and then I left because I figured you guys weren't coming. I went to the trail and ran around for about 3 hrs. I'm surprised I didn't see you on the trail somewhere. I only saw about 4 or 5 trucks the whole day and few ATVs. I can't remember the name of the trail I was on but it was the one to the right after you went up the main trail for about 6 miles. Anyway, I had a good time for the couple hours I was there. I took a couple pictures but no action shots. Just stills of my truck sitting in what would have been a great camping spot. After we left, we got a bite to eat in Harrisonburg, and then stayed at a campground just outside of Elkton. On the way home we drove through Skyline Drive. All in all, it was a good weekend, but it would have been better if we all could have made it together. Oh well, maybe next time.

2. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

3. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Reb, I was there man. I'm sorry I missed you. It was such a mass confusion. Sorry man. I got great shots. Man, I wish I saw you. I camped out up there that night. Had a great time. I broke a shock mount and tore off one of my fog lights. Funny. Dude, next time man. Sorry we missed each other. I was on the same trail as you I think. The one on the left after the 6 mile long main trail. Here is one pic, I'll post the rest on my website and let everyone know. I was at the cracker barrel too, but didn't get there till around 2. Sorry again
    Boss

4. johnny reb

Trail I was on wasn't very difficult at all. The main trail was about 6 miles long. Very rocky but very wide. Then you reach a 4 way intersection. The next trail I was on was a little bit narrower and had a few inlcines but nothing that challenged my stock K5. I only went about 4 or 5 miles deep on this trail but it looked like it kept going.

5. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

next time, leave a note at the meeting site, so if anyone shows up late, they'll know you are there, somewhere. or even tell them the trail you're on, whatever. then the next guy adds to it, in case the first guy comes back.
    everybody's got 20/20 hindsight, eh?

<font color=purple>delta9blazer</font color=purple>

6. johnny reb

I thought of doing that, but the meeting spot was a parking lot at a Cracker Barrel restaurant. I didn't know where to leave a note. The parking lot was pretty big.

7. dawson444

dawson444 1/2 ton status

So I'm assuming there isn't any video for me to covert onto my computer? Does anyone have any old videos? Let me know, I thought it would be really cool to have video on the website. Reply here or send me an e-mail at dawson444@aol.com I would like to see some mud but anything is cool.

Dawson
    88 K5

8. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

I didn't get to go here, but I did wheel locally, and I have about an hour worth of video footage. Drop me an email and I'll try to get a tape out to ya.

89 K5 Silverado
    http://mudfrog.coloradok5.com