Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where were you

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sledheadak, Sep 11, 2005.

1. sledheadak

sledheadak 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

on this day 4 years ago when you heard of the attacks?
    I 1st heard of them on my way to work in my car.At first i thought it was a joke by the local radio djs since they are always pulling different stunts.When i stopped to get coffee i saw that it was real..................... :angry1: :angry1: :angry1: :angry1:

2. XHitman396

XHitman396 1/2 ton status

at the time it happened. i was sitting in my spanish class talking to my friend Emily, i heard about it from RJ Sweat as he was walking down the hall, i thought it was some sort of joke or something he made up, i found out next hour it was real..

3. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

on the golf course during my vacation in Monroe, NY.. came in to the clubhouse for a quick hotdog after 9 holes.. it was on the tv. spent the next 4 days glued to the radio at our campground.. finally couldn't take it and had to come home early.. :(

4. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

working installing new electrical to my bosses moms house

she told us ans i saw it on there tv, dident think much of it since there was little info about it i thought it was a small plane like a sesna or something.

my heart sank as more details filtered through the radio as the day went on..

5. jhellwig

jhellwig 1/2 ton status

I was in college during a break between classes. At first we thought it was some spoof and kinda funny but then we saw the other plane hit and all the people on the news started freaking out.

6. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

It was a delayed start at school that day, so i decided to watch some TV for a while. Turned it on and saw the first building on fire, read that a plane had hit it and just thought to myself "What a dumbass pilot." Details were few and far between, all that was known was that a plane flew into the WTC, and as i was sitting there watching the second plane hit. It was at that point i realized that it wasnt the pilot being a dumbass, and that i realized both impacts were airliners full of people. Spent that whole day at school talking about it and watching the news, we didnt get anything done at all.

7. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I was running down the halls of my dorm, waking people up. I had just woken up myself right before they started broadcasting....

Not a good day....

343......Never Forget!

8. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

sleeping in my girlfriends bed at her parents house, i woke up to the news on tv while she was getting ready for school

9. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Woke up in the mornin and turned on the television only to see the first building burning and thought to myself, "Oh great somebody blew up the World Trade Center."

Only after I got to work and saw everybody gathered around the big screen and not moving did I notice the second building on fire did it really hit home what had happened.

Still makes me kind of sick to the stomach.

10. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

I was on the ship in San Diego.... it was 7am when I woke up to all my berthing mates glued to the TV. I initially thought it was a joke.

Base was tighter then a gooses ass for months after.

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I was in my living room watching it on FOX NEWS.

12. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I was burying my mother. That was a crap day. I couldn't beleive my ears when I got back in my truck after the ceremony and heard of the first plane. The second one struck as I pulled up at home. I put the tv on and saw the replay of the strikes a bit later. It was surreal.
    A day I will never forget.

13. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I woke up and heard it on the radio. I knew it was serious, cause they were being serious about it, and those guys are NEVER serious. I immediately ran to the TV and started watching, didn't even go to school that day.

14. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

At school, didn't phase me too much

My cousin's birthday is today, I outta call em

15. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

I was just pulling into work at 7am Pacific time when I heard about it, found out about the second plane after the morning safety meeting. Spent most of the day listening to what was going on over the radio at work. At least as much as possible as the little cheap GPX radio barely got any reception inside a steel building.

16. 1979jimmy350

1979jimmy350 1/2 ton status

I was at school when it happened. I was in math class when they anounced it i could not even think about the math test i was taking at the time.

17. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

I was in study hall, best time to have study hall, do all your homework less than an hour before its due and not do any at home. Anyway, someone came in late and said they heard a plane hit the WTC, I thought a cessna or something, anyway, went to biology, which was my next class, and 4 or 5 teachers were in there watchin the tv. Thats when I realized how serious it was. Was sitting there watching as the second plane hit. We had a quiz, and just as it was being handed out the first tower collapsed. To this day I couldnt tell you what any of the stuff on the quiz was. Then the other tower collapsed, the reports from the pentagon, the 4th plane, and a couple of reports of possible car bombs.

Left that class and went to precalc, that was the only class we did anything in that day.

That is the moment in this generation, that the next will ask where you were when you heard, like the previous one and Kennedy's assasination.

18. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

just walked into work in yuma AZ. a guy had gotten there already and had CNN on right as they started showing it. he told me as i was walking in. i thought he was kidding. then i saw it. half an hour later i was guarding the armory on base... it was a side job for amonth i was told "we have never used it and never will.... you are just on standby" locked down on base, for the next 36 hours or so...

a sad day, but in my eyes the USA is a lil bit stronger. not much... pride tends to be higher and people seem to support the troops a bit more. i also think there are sume stupid rules that came of the deal... but hey... life goes on. it has to.
    Grant

19. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I had just dropped my wife off at her work a few minutes before 7 am (pacific time). It was a beautiful and sunny day and a few blocks from her work on my way home I heard it on the radio. I was sitting at the lights at 10th ave and Canada way in New Westminster when it came on...and i can still picture it as if it was a few minutes ago.

We raced home and watched CNN the rest of the day. I never did take the kids to school. Shortly after we got home the second tower collapsed...

Rene

20. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I thought the same thing at first... I was at school, because I had a lame 6:30 a.m. class (the fact that it was library assistant made it even lamer). I was late as usual, but rather than the librarian yelling at me, she was in a study room that had a T.V. with everyone else who was usually there to remind me what time "class" started... It was on CNN or something like that, and I said, "Man, what kind of pilot doesn't see one of the biggest buildings in town right in front of them?" and turned around... Just as I started walking away, everyone started having a cow and I turned around just in time to see the replay...

We didn't get much done that day in school, either. The principal made an announcement that we weren't supposed to have the TV's on and to do regular work, but that demand went unheeded to say the least :crazy:

It was a weird day looking back... It just didn't feel right from the beginning till a couple weeks later...