Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

where would i find a tailgate with glass???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ilikeitloud, Feb 18, 2004.

1. ilikeitloud

ilikeitloud 1/2 ton status

the local junk yards arent turning anything up and looked at the forsale section and nothing. i have an 88k5 and im looking for a replacement tailgate and window with a manual crank. are there any online places that i could look at. im ready to pay outta the arse for one as its the most critcal piece right now in finishing my truck. any help appreciated

2. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

Well, NOT to sound like a DICK (even though i am!!) But if you would fill out your profile, Maybe somebody NEAR you would be able to help. I might have one, but don't know where you are?? I could ship it to you, But......................... /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. ilikeitloud

ilikeitloud 1/2 ton status

i did the profile. i live in minnesota

4. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

well, Thats better!!
    What shape do you want? You can get a new replacement from LMC trucks. but with all the other parts it could get expensive. I have a decent tailgate, but it has a power window in it now. I plan on taking that out and swapping it with my 76 THAT HAS a manual window. But the lock on it is broken. any interest? Or wait and see if somebody else can help. You might want to run a post in the wanted section, or scan the far sale post's.

5. mr_fujisawa

mr_fujisawa 1/2 ton status

lol, i was born where you live (not in the same house though) /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

6. audacious

audacious Registered Member

cant help ya on the glass but i had the same problem and wanted to let you know what i did: purchased an older pickup tailgate at the yards(the solid kind)and grabbed the mounting brackets off the pickup at the same time( or get em off lmc)- cleaned and painted it, put it on(the holes should already be there for the brackets), and i had a tailgate that i dont have to worry about motors and glass and rattleing. then i bought a campertop window to match my hardtop and mounted it with some hydrolic arms and locks. it cost me about $150 in all and saved some money and alot of trouble in the longrun. it is also easier to work with when i want to get something out of the back quick. was just a thought and hope this might help.