Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where would I get new gear boxes for seat belt shoulder straps?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Tuskadero, May 11, 2001.

1. Tuskadero

Tuskadero Registered Member

Hi everyone, my seatbelt sholder strap seem to be gammed. I think it is the gear box for them. Does anyone know where I can order a new set of these? I have a 1989 Chevy Blazer thanks, Heather

2. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Heather, I was gonna say try LMC Truck, but I just looked through their catalog and can't seem to find anything. I would suggest calling the Chevy Dealer in your area (as scary as that is), or try one of the salvage yards, see if you can yank one out real quick...

3. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

Blazerbabe, I hate to say this, but you are SOL. I broke a drivers side retractor about a month ago and had no luck finding GM replacement. The only two companies who could actually supply a shoulder belt are J.C. Whitney, and SalesCO. I ordered one from SalesCo about two weeks ago, but have not received it yet. I also did a nation wide search through GM and they are discontinued after 10 yrs.

If your interior isn't grey, you might have a little better luck than I did. I went so far as to have a couple of junk yards with nation wide locators find me what was available. I did find one in Nashville, TN but it was out of a '91 and it didn't match my '90.

As far as replacing the mechanism I think it could be done, but sewing the belt on the retractor is the problem, and you won't find any business that would do it because of liability.

Good luck, if you do find a grey one, let me know.

Derf00
    http://www.derf00.coloradok5.com
    "Four wheel drive allows you to get stuck in a more inaccessible place."<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by derf00 on 05/11/01 02:21 PM (server time).</FONT></P>