Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

where

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by blazersnburban, Dec 5, 2006.

1. blazersnburban

blazersnburban Registered Member

where can i buy just aftermarket torsion bars?

i've looked thru all my wholesale books and i can find only kits or systems.
    i have a '98 1/2 ton siverado 4x4, that the torsion bar is adjusted near its limit, while the other side is about 1/3 of the way in.

the side thats out of adjustment has lost most of its "spring". when you brake hard it dips on that side, and it rides like a boat after you hit a bump. we put new shocks on, which helped some,but the problem is in the torsion bar. i've seen people with blue torsion bars and thats it, they had superlift stickers on the bars , but i can't find any place to buy just these? i wonder if some1 just painted their bars and put a sticker on them?

other than a dealership, where can you buy aftermarket torsion bars? good brand name stuff, its a customers truck and i don't want to have to waste time with this thing coming back time and time again.

or even worse, be liable for an accident because the torsion bars snap!

2. blazin_blazer

blazin_blazer 1/2 ton status

i hope you get an answer, i need to know this too!

3. blazersnburban

where in AR are you from, i'm just across the bridge a piece down the road.

4. blazin_blazer

i live in searcy, but am originally from helena right there at the bridge. thats where my truck is. not anyplace to wheel here in searcy!

5. blazersnburban

really, small world, I have done some work on quit a few trucks from Helena. i wheel with some of those guys over there.

6. blazin_blazer

7. blazersnburban

I don't wan't to put names up on here, but you know ...shrek or Hoot, or Thomas, I guess it won't hurt to put 1st names up.

8. blazin_blazer

know them...he!! yea i know them, hoot is my cousin!, thats my crew i wheel with when i'm down there! what do you drive?

9. blazersnburban

I have the hugger orange stepside that has z69 on the step fenders. If you've seen it you know it.

10. blazin_blazer

oh i know you!!! your the guy who owns the 4x4 shop in tunica over there. everybody has your stickers on their trucks, that says "i've been in deep sloppy holes!"

11. blazersnburban

Yep , you got me. Thats the name of my shop....Deep and Sloppy Holes! Those stickers flew out of here, i need to get some more made, everyone wants one.

I put the th400 and atlas II in thomas' truck! I did the rear shackle flip on Hoot's blazer and took those 4'' blocks out so he would quit snapping u-joints, also.

12. blazin_blazer

really hoot said he did that, so that truck out in front of the shop that has the front tires parked on that big rock is yours? thats 1 sweet ride!!! has it caused any wrecks from rubber neckers?

13. blazersnburban

Well, I won't get in the middle of that one. But yea, that's the same hugger orange stepside out front that I wheel. I actually went up north and bought that big rock and had it set out there, so we can kinda flex the trucks and see how they do without leaving the lot. i just started parking all funny on it.

14. blazin_blazer

the truck i'm talking about has all stinless hoses and is grabber green under it. looks like a show truck. it was parked on the rock with both front wheels up there where you could see the underside good. has finned dif covers,

15. blazersnburban

yep, thats it!!

16. blazin_blazer

you was talking about putting a flat bed on it with aluminum diamond plate and polish it out. it did'nt have a bed on it. and a all aluminum motor.

17. blazersnburban

AWWww you saw it without the bed. It has a polished out floor,now but i made a box and bought a set of step side fenders and put on it.
    that motor isn't all aluminum, its just had MANY hours of polish work done to it to look like chrome, i can see where some1 would mistake it for aluminum.

The Brodix intake, the heads and the headers are all thats aluminum on it and they all have been polished to a mirror finish also . oh, and the radiator. BTW the aluminum headers are factory gm pieces also. Off of a mid 'to late '60's motorhome, they have an acordian type tube made into them so they won't crack when they get hot. i'm looking for another set of them if anyone knows of any.

18. blazin_blazer

that motor isn't aluminum? you polished it like that? can you do a set of exhaust manifolds like that for me?

19. blazersnburban

Yea, i can do whatever you want, but if I was you I would start looking for a set of those aluminum headers off of a motorhome. I would have so many hrs in polishing, that you could buy 3 sets of jet hot coated headers for what you would pay. Which truck is yours out there?

20. blazin_blazer

i have the white truck w/ casper across the windshield.