Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where'd it go?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by nvrenuf, Jun 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Hey CanMan? :dunno:

2. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Apparently, I'M the one who's not worthy.......

3. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I refreshed and it was gone.

Don't let one person's opinions ruin your day. You and your truck are very worthy, as we are the one's that vote for the GMOTM. Still gonna put some pics in the gallery for us?

4. Can Can

Forget about it, guys. It's no big deal........

5. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Huh? What? Could someone PM me an explanation?

6. gofergurl

gofergurl 1/2 ton status

7. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

I'll repost what I typed out last night/way flippin early this morning.

I do believe that it says GM of the month. Not hard core bad a$$ climb a 80 degree angle multi articulated 30 inch droop on the right front with 40 inch droop on the left rear virtually ready to snap (what some folks seem to feel is the only way for undercarraige) a locked 60 front and 14 ff rear while looking bored with the whole prospect.

What I feel is the ideology is, is a General Motors truck that can be admired for its' capabilities and just general public opinion.

If it be a lowered 2 wheel drive K5 that does 225 at the Bonneville Salt Flats or a crew cab duelly that competes and wins at rock crawlin competions, what be the difference?

If folks like the rig and it receives enough votes it should win.

Not siding with Paul and his Mickey Mouse truck but if a member, whomever it may be, gets votes then it should receive the accolades that he/she may deserve.

8. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

so who said what in the thread canmore started...? last time i read it everyone was on board. someone wanna fill me in? pm me if ya have too...

9. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

I'll probably get spanked for it but I'll tell...

StormTrooper doesn't think CanMan should qualify as GMOTM because it's not a crazy, harcore, rock crawling, monster tire'd K5. I think anyone here should be able to run for (and win) GMOTM. This site has always been friendly to all no matter who you are or what you drive, I think that should carryover to all aspects of the site.

I have always admired ST for his wheeling style and damn nice truck... BUT... I'm over it now. I lost a lot of respect for him based on his biased opinion. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to start a flame war - he said what he said nicely, I just think it's wrong.

my .02

btw, I have now nominated CanMan for GMOTM. Anyone else interested in voting for him please do so.

10. Can Can

Guys, I really appreciate the support- it means a LOT to me. However, I would really prefer it if we could just forget about the GMOTM for now. I don't need or want the hassle of being accused of "conflict-of-interest" because I'm a Mod.

Besides, by next year everyone will have forgotten that I recently bought the truck, and I'll be able to prove that I've done enough work on it myself to fit into the "Built Not Bought" category which, rightly so, means a lot to some of the guys here. Let's face it- Cam did 95% of the build on the V3500. I'm just doing the final P.D.I., so to speak.

Thanks again, but let's just let this one disappear. I'm gonna lock it so it doesn't turn into a finger-pointing session. I REALLY don't want to be the cause of any internal grief here at CK5- I'm sure all of you can appreciate

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.