Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where'd ya get your Edelbrock shocks and how much ?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by tori89k5, Feb 16, 2002.

1. tori89k5

tori89k5 1/2 ton status

Where\'d ya get your Edelbrock shocks and how much ?

Thinking of buying the Edelbrock shocks. Have heard alot about them, and i like the concept of how they work... Cant wait till monday to find out how much they are gonna cost, so im asking you guys.....

1990 K5 4" lift, 33" MTR's, 14FF w/ Detroit locker, D44 w/ posi, 4.10's Raptor Tranny and Velvet Rides !

2. Greenblazer-AZ

Greenblazer-AZ 1/2 ton status

Re: Where\'d ya get your Edelbrock shocks and how much ?

I did a little asking around and my suspicion was confirmed by at least one person and backed up by the fact that as far as I know few people if any here use them. They are for stock or mostly stock modern pavement pounding SUVs that don't go wheeling. I thought they sounded good, but since I can't find anyone that uses them for real wheeling like I like to do I'll wait and see how you or somebody else likes them. They aren't cheap, about $65.00 to $70.00 a piece.

If you knew the truth, you too would be against marijuana prohibition!
    Blue '74Blazer Topless W/ 35 BFG Muds1" Body Lift W/ Energy Susp. Bushings

3. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

4 Wheel Parts sell them..they are pricey!

Eric
    from Freekmont,CA.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.community.webshots.com/user/vwryda> Miscellaneous Debris </a>

4. jimmy88

jimmy88 1/2 ton status

They sound good on paper and might even be good for street cars but they suck on trucks, or at least on mine. I put a set of the IAS shocks on my 88 1/2 ton suburban when I put the stock rears back on. At the time I had 33's and figured they were too heavy. When the 33's wore out I had some 31's laying around but nothing much has changed. They work ok when the body is bouncing around and the shocks are firm. They are way to soft when the wheels are moving and the body is relatively still. Also they have no travel. Mine slam the shocks internal stops when one of the front wheels drops into a dip. This happens just going down my gravel driveway. If you feel you want to try them make sure that you can return them. I got mine from Summit but didn't put them on for a while, big mistake. Hope that helps, I new to these message forums so let me know if I screw up.

88 Jimmy, D60, 14Bolt FF, 700R4, NP241

5. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

Tori, are you referring to the IAS shocks? I was told by 4wpw that they are only for STOCK applications... They don't offer them in lifted apps... They have the new "Twin Tubes" or some variation thereof for lifted apps and 4wpw carries them...Good Luck buddy...AND THANKS FOR THE TRANNY[​IMG][​IMG]

Chris

Was that a speed bump? No, just a Rice Rocket </font color=red> <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/fortcollinsram>My 87 Blazer</a>

6. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

I've had the IAS shocks for about two years now. I really like them. They are great on pavement roads preventing body roll. On gravel roads you actually feel them softening when it gets rough. I don't do any serious flexing so I don't know how much about that.

Yes they do have an application for a lifted Blazer, but that's only for 4". I'm currenty stock height.

<font color=purple>//////
    <a target="_blank" href=http://blazer79.freeyellow.com>blazer79.freeyellow.com</a></font color=purple><font color=black>
    Soon a 454 K5!!</font color=black>
    [​IMG]

7. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

Oh I forgot. I bought mine at <a target="_blank" href=http://www.performancesuspension.com>www.performancesuspension.com</a> They were about $70 each and got a rebate coupon, but wasn't able to cash it because I'm outside USA.

<font color=purple>//////
    <a target="_blank" href=http://blazer79.freeyellow.com>blazer79.freeyellow.com</a></font color=purple><font color=black>
    Soon a 454 K5!!</font color=black>
    [​IMG]