Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where's a good muffler shop in/ around San Francisco Bay Area?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mofugly13, Jul 22, 2003.

1. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

Where\'s a good muffler shop in/ around San Francisco Bay Area?

I went to Exhaust Outlet (I think that's the name of the place) on Hillside Blvd in Daly City today to get a quote on a new exhaust system. They quoted me $500 including the muffler, $400 if I supply my own muffler. I have Thorley tri-ys and this is what I want to do:
    From the header colectors, dual 2 1/2" pipes back, crossing over behind the transfer case to a y-pipe, to a Flowmaster 50 series with single 3" in/out, with the tailpipe turning down just after the rear axle.

I was hoping to spend around $300-$350, muffler included. Is this just wishful thinking? I refuse to pay more than $100 for the muffler 'cause I can get it from Summit for $94. Closer to San Francisco is better, but I'm willing to drive a bit if the price is right.

I wish I could do it myself, I bend pipe for a living, but not the kind of tight radius bends needed for exhaust systems, and my welding skills are marginal. I hate havig to pay for something I could do myself if I had the right tools... /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

2. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Re: Where\'s a good muffler shop in/ around San Francisco Bay Area?

Here in Fremont is a good muffler shop called Guaranteed Muffler, and they have another store in Redwood City. If you call the Fremont store make sure you talk to Brett and let him know that Scott from Fremont Machine gave you his number. The Fremont number is 510-794-7222 and the Redwood City number is 650-369-6204. I don't have any contacts in the Redwood City store but like I said, Fremont store is Brett, he is the owner. The Fremont location is at 36656 Fremont Blvd. 94536, the Redwood City location is at 1414 El Camino Real 94063

3. Flexy K20

Flexy K20 1/2 ton status

that's funny I have some connections at the one in Redwood City called Lifetime muffler that you are talking about. My good friend used to work there. I got dual 2 1/2" pipes back with flows (I supplied my own) and 1 2 1/2" turndown per muffler for like 200 or something. They do good work there. You also gotta remember no one can touch summit's prices especially a store. Summit buys in such large quantities that they can offer products at killer prices. Later
    -fLeXy K20

4. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

The place in Redwood City I am talking about is not called lifetime mufflers, it is called Gauranteed mufflers. I am looking at his business card as I type this, now it is an older card and maybe he changed the name of that store but I doubt it since I talk to him every few days and he hasn't said anything about a name change.