Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where's a good place to buy a forklift?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by PetaKane, Aug 3, 2002.

1. PetaKane

PetaKane 1/2 ton status

Where\'s a good place to buy a forklift?

Well, I knew I'd need one of these things someday. The day has finally come. Time to put the motor in, probably won't have it put together for a few days though. So that gives me time to shop around for a forklift. Anybody know a good place? Lol, just kidding. Anybody ever rented one before? I think that looks like the easiest way to put the motor in.

2. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Re: Where\'s a good place to buy a forklift?

Another option is if you have access to a lift. Use one of the arms that you would normally put on the frame. The forklift idea came up when my dad had a yota over 44s to rebuild the motor in. We were stading in front of it looking up at how tall it is, (Im 6'3" and the bumper is above eye level on me) and I jokingly told him to use the forklift from the trucking company next door. He did. LOL! The truck is actually ridiculously tall. He could drop it 10-12 inches and still clear the 44s.

3. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

<font color="red"> 1 FN HI K5 </font color> used a fork lift to do his

4. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

Why not just pull the front wheels and set the axle on jack stands at there lowest setting? Or put a set of steel wheels with no tires on them?

5. mpascino

mpascino 1/2 ton status

I pulled the nose off of mine when the new motor went it. Made it a lot easier to work on too...
    Mike

6. wrathORC

wrathORC 1/2 ton status

Better yet, in fifteen minutes you'd have both front fenders off. In another twenty you'd have the core support out. This, of course, is null and void if you've got air conditioning.