Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where's a TH400?

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Ryan B., Nov 20, 2002.

1. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Where\'s a TH400?

Alright, i gernaded some parts in my TH400 in my camaro. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
    Ran great with the manual valve body for 2 days, then bang and its slipping again. I tore it back out and all apart and i got some internals that are not salvagable. The case is f'd also.

SOOOO... Who's got a spare TH400 laying around?
    I know MJF had one he was getting rid of a while ago, and he gave it to iceman44, and he needs some of the parts out of that tranny...
    Those guys that went to pick and pull... did you see any automatic trannys.. TH400's in the junkyard at all?

At this point i need any Chevy TH400... i can swap the tailshaft and the tailshaft housing outta mine.. i just need a new case and center support and a few other internals. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Keep yer eyes out for a TH400 in the bay area for cheap.
    Now back to the classified ads. /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

2. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

Re: Where\'s a TH400?

hummmm...i saw alot of autos, but i'm not sure about the 400's. there was about 12 3/4 ton rigs in the truck area. dunno if those came with 350s or 400s

3. Ryan B.

The one i need is all the way to the right second one down.
    [​IMG]

/forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

4. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

You can not mistake it for a 350, the tail is a 6 bolt not a 4 bolt.
    And as you can see the pan is shaped weird.
    By the way Ryan, I PM'd you again.
    You can have the tranny if you can give me from your collection the parts I need.
    Don't pay for what you can get for free, or gas money. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

And by the way it's a 2wd drive th400 with a fixed yoke.
    Just what you need right?

6. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

i know what they look like, dunno if i saw one /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. Ryan B.

Actually no, the fixed yoke is for a 2WD truck.
    I have a slip yoke. The tail shaft should be about 9 1/4" long on that one. same length as mine but its got a hole drilled and tapped in the end of the shaft for the yoke bolt. But that doesn't matter, you can interchange the tailshafts.

Iceman44- I'm going to keep an eye out for a complete tranny around here... Hang onto those extra parts you don't use, like the case and center support for me. I need to go take a real good look if i can use my foreward clutch hub and oil pump, i know it grinded down that thrust washer between them. You said you were using the foreward clutch...
    I'll scan some images and PM ya when i get some time... it sounds like you might be using the parts outta that tranny that are still good in mine and i don't need. That would be sweet if that one tranny gave both of us the parts we needed but i doubt it.

Anyone know of a TH-400 for cheap? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

8. Ryan B.

I guess its time to save up for that 5 speed lenco tranny eh?
    And i'll order custom gear ratios, with like a .75 to 1 OD 5th. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

lenco's kick ass! get one of those bad boys! gotta love only needing a cluth for first and reverse /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif