Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wheres the cutout switch?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Kiblsnbits, Apr 13, 2000.

1. Kiblsnbits

Kiblsnbits Registered Member

I finally got around to testing the connection of my rear window motor, I tested the connection to the motor, and its not getting any current, so I'm hoping its just the cutout switch, because I hear those crap out all the time. Just where is this switch, and how do I get to it? Thanks

Blazer: A hole in the air, surrounded by metal, into which one pours money

2. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

Staring at the back, looking forward it is in the left side of the tailgate in the upper corner. You will find the catch right there. It is a bit of a hAssle getting to it, you almost have to take the whole thing apart. But first check all the wires, I found a splice in the wire for mine right near the bumper that was badly corroded inside the splice where you would not see it if not looking, I replaced the splice and finally had power. Once you can establish you have power going to it, meaning the inside switch works, and the rear switch won't let me know and I can show you a way to save the switch.

3. 85GMCJimmy

85GMCJimmy Registered Member

i just cut my switch out and hooked the wires up to complete the circuit to the motorwhat kind of dummy i going to open then window with the gate down.

4. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

Well some folks have kids.....and I think the engineers who made it put it there for a reason. Granted we all know that the Blazer was not the best engineered vehicle to come off the GM line, but that is what we love about it. It is an unfinished canvas for us to finish painting any way we want.
    The switch is a safety switch, put there for various reasons. Lets not start over looking the safety factors, that is how accidents start to happen... [​IMG]

5. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

I guess <font color=red>I'm<font color=black> the kind of dummy that would open the window with the gate down (supported, of course!). It would make cleaning the windows a lot easier, and the window tint guy who will soon have to climb in & out over & over would probably appreciate it.
    Anyway, that's my 2 cents...

[​IMG] Semper Maintenance!
    [​IMG] So many ideas, so little money...