Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wheres the heater fan?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by protechk5, Dec 13, 2006.

1. protechk5

protechk5 1/2 ton status

On my 6.2 with no AC, my heater and defroster doesnt blow. None of my fuses are bad. Where is the fan for this? How do you get to it?

2. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

Open the hood and look on the pass side firewall. You will see the round motor housing. It is only accessed that way. You can not get to it from under the dash so don't bother trying

3. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Its hidden on diesels...!

Most diesels had a plastic cover over the entire firewall to hold insulation and reduce noise..the heater blower is in the same spot as other trucks,but will be buried beneath this plastic covering(if it hasn't been removed already that is!)..my 82 K20 diesel evidently had its blower motor serviced or replaced--the butcher who did the job just used a hammer to crack the plastic away from the heater box area..:surepal: --some "mechanix" shouldn't be allowed under a hood!..:mad:

4. BadBob

BadBob 1/2 ton status

Mine did too, but it crumbled into dust! You might take a look at the resistor block too, those like to go bad on occasion, and they're cheap to replace.