Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where's the oil pressure sensor?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by afroman006, Nov 1, 2004.

1. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

Where\'s the oil pressure sensor?

My oil pressure gauge has been actin really screwy. It'll hover arounf 30 most of the time but every once in awhile it will start lurching around between 0 and 30 and sometimes stay on 0. When I was driving it today, it would not come above 0, but it drove fine. I'm really hoping its something easy to fix. I've been driving it that way for a few months and haven't had any problems but it still concerns me. Thx

2. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

Re: Where\'s the oil pressure sensor?

On a small block, it is at the back of the engine right behind the distribitor.

3. Yukon Jack

Yukon Jack 1/2 ton status

If it is a big block, it can be a number of places. On mine there is a place on the front driverside of the block where the stock electrical sender was. If it is mechanical there are two places behind the oil filter where it could come off of.

I assume you have checked your oil level? I had my Yukon's oil changed one day and within a few days I started having erratic oil pressure readings - I stupidly didn't check my oil level since I just had it changed. I just figured I had a short on the sending unit wire cause of the way it was acting. Low and behold I finally check my oil level and the dude who serviced the engine only put in 2 quarts /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

4. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

The dash display sensor on my 87 is right above the oil filter. My was acting irradically right before it started leaking.