Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where's the pics of the AZ run from this last weekend?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Scoobydoo, Mar 23, 2001.

1. Scoobydoo

Scoobydoo 1/2 ton status

Phoenix / Peoria ARIZONA. (75thAve/DeerValley)
    Where\'s the pics of the AZ run from this last weekend?

I know it kinda became a raw subject on an earlier thread[​IMG]
    And I believe things got Terribly exaggerated[​IMG]
    But I for one would like to see all the pics[​IMG]

Also any pics of the guy's driving on the bronco? It may clear up whether this was vandalism or just a bunch of "our friends" flexing there trucks muscle on a trashed, abandoned, POS, eyesore, that nobody could care less about anyway (as I suspect it will turn out to be)

I strongly believe if the pic would have been posted prior to all the bad press it has now been given,
    the same people who have now condemned it, would have been writing, "Hell yeah! kick A$$, too cool" [​IMG]

Scooby Dooby Doo !!!

2. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

Re: Where\'s the pics of the AZ run from this last weekend?

I agree completely! Help clear up some of this mess.

- SlyDog [​IMG]

3. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

Maybe we'll see who the mysterious 3rd party is!?

creepin' and crawlin'

Jim

4. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

Sorry, but I for one would not like to see any pics. Any damage that was done to someone elses property (abandoned or not) is not right. And I know that I'll get sh!t about this but I happen to like old Broncos and any other vintage 4x4. Let the hate mail begin ....

5. bigdaddy89

bigdaddy89 1/2 ton status

Danny,
    I have them, and will be posting them soon. Everybody can make the decision at that time if they want to look at them or not. I will put them on photopoint.com. If you click it and look, then don't come back on me. And yes the pictures will show.

GOT ROCKS?

6. rezalb

rezalb 1/2 ton status

"Soon" .......we are waiting..........pictures...pictures...pictures
    I LOVE PHOTOS-
    rezalB

Built for a purpose.

7. bigdaddy89

bigdaddy89 1/2 ton status

Well here they are. Let the name calling begin. Scoobydoo, Thanks for looking at this issue with an open mind. And just to let the rest of you folks know, there was not one sign anywhere saying this was "private property" or "keep out". This is an old mining site that is just like many others out in the desert. These companys run out of money and just pick up and leave whatever they can carry and leave the rest to rot. As a matter of fact we probably passed by two or three others abandoned vehicles on the road in. I would have drove up on those also, but I was trying to stay with the group. I wonder who owns those. Nobody in this group said ONE SINGLE WORD to the guys driving up on these vehicles. Instead they send an e-mail to Steve to let the members of this site call us names and judge us without knowing all the facts. There was three members involved in this, but I noticed only myself and Clint were thrown to the wolves. If I thought in any way that I was destroying something of value, or I was on somebodys property, then I wouldn't have done it. I would have apoligized for my actions if I thought it warranted it. And for all you nice folks like, SK-15, bigbad82k5, muddin4fun, lowlevell, and Donna thanks for all the nice things you had to say about me, even though you have never met me. I hope you don't kiss you mom with those mouths. I didn't write all of this to try and get everybody heated up, but I thought is was time for people to take some timeout and think about what was said on this subject, specifically certain members. Thanks David.
    P.S. Try to keep to cussing to a minimum when you respond to this post.

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1027763&a=12248180

GOT ROCKS?

8. Daves73Blazer

Daves73Blazer Newbie

Dave whats done is done.As for the signs stating no trespassing they are placed at the road entrance.Might try and look to the sides sometime and not with tunnel vision.And dealing with your mentality i give up on trying to explain the importance of not destroying something that doesnt belong to you.Fnal thought.Tthe property owners are being contacted in the AM.As to wether they will want to take actoins thats up to them.Also this is a active mine not a deserted mine.Thanks Dave

9. jmpd

jmpd 1/2 ton status

Nice pics Bigdaddy89.

No judgement from me on what happened, I was not there

10. Donna

Donna 1/2 ton status

First let me say the only thing I ever said was not to you directly. It was to all of you involved. I called everyone involved idiots. I've called my husband much worse. Point being I was simply stating that things should be made right. I never cussed at anyone or made any vulgar comments. I never knew the word idiot was vulgar. I'm sorry if I offended anyone but think about.....I would have responded this way weather it was you or god him self.

[​IMG]<font color=purple>Wayne's Muddy Wife</font color=purple>[​IMG]
    <font color=purple>Donna</font color=purple>

11. 90STYLE

90STYLE Registered Member

To all those still steamed about this whole fiasco...If you live in AZ and you have ever ventured off your own block, you know there are thousands of abandon vehicles strewn about the many trails near Phoenix. Last weekend I counted three in two miles out in the morgan city wash. AND GUESS WHAT...I DROVE OVER THEM!!!!! CALL 911!!!!! UGGGGGHHH!!!! And if I were on this trip I would have mounted BIGDADDYS rig too.... RELAX PEOPLE. I guess the owner has the right to be P.O.ed but MOST people dont leave cars parked on a trail!!!!!

12. smp

smp 1/2 ton status

We have junkers on our trails to i have seen volvos and vw bugs so far up in the trail you would think that they needed a helicopter to get them back that far on the trail but the fact is they are there and the only reason i have not mounted them is that they are allways down in a ditch. I don't think destroing someone elses property is right but if you didn't relize it was some ones property well there is only one thing to do and that is to relize you messed up and try to make it right with the owner. It seems that most of you are tring to do that. I do like the pics it looks like it was a fun trip just went a little sour. I am still looking foward to meeting all of the AZ crew when i move down there in October.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://WWW.SMP.COLORADOK5.COM>http://WWW.SMP.COLORADOK5.COM</A>

13. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

For the lazy...http://jules.coloradok5.com

14. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

rene always making it easy lol

77blazer see it at<A target="_blank" HREF=http://community.webshots.com/user/ssmith6333>http://community.webshots.com/user/ssmith6333</A>[​IMG]

15. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Just wanted to make sure the lazy would get a chance to view the pics too! [​IMG]
    After seeing the pics I can honestly say....I would have done the same thing to that lil' Bronco [​IMG]

Rene (looking for my Nomex underwear...)

[​IMG]<A target="_blank" HREF=http://jules.coloradok5.com>http://jules.coloradok5.com</A>

16. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

I'm sorry if I offended anyone, but I am intitled so my own opinion just like everyone else. And just like said before...with your mentality...I give up. I just don't want trails closed. When I wheel, I am always thinking about what I'm doing cause I'm sure that someone else would like to eventually like to go down that same trail, so I make sure that I'm not going to be the reason it gets closed down. And if I see someone doing something stupid, your d*mn right I will say something! Everyone had pretty much let this whole thing go. Why do you keep persisting and hitting nerves. Enough said....I'm not going to talk about this anymore. I'll talk about tread lightly, but not this insidence. Obviously, it's not worth it.

[​IMG]

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://muddin4fun.coloradok5.com>http://muddin4fun.coloradok5.com</A>

17. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

These vehicles were not on the trail but on the property of Columbia Az. which is owned wholey by a couple in Utah who for the last 6 years have given us permission to stay there on the weekends and work the creek and explore the surrounding area. This is not a trail but a town that existed for a time in the late 1880's...complete with saloon and post office. i didn't expect to have to tell everyone the importance of leaving things as they are and just enjoy the scenery and not to do things that obviously were wrong.

And yes i should have said something asap...but its kinda hard to pinch one off when you hear crinkling sheet metal.
    My two friends are the ones who took this harder than i...and ultimately said something here...which made me feel about 2 inches tall as i had the opurtunity to say something...so i to share in the blame. But i will never invite anyone else to this spot due to goings on. I commend ClintsK5 for speaking up right away..it takes a big man to do so...and i forgive you. We did have the chance to lay down the law that night with FWP....and he is going to help us clean up the house in the near future as the owners would like us to do so and try and get water flowing to the house again so it can be lived in.

The only one i will not forgive is BigDaddy89...i have been on the trail with him before and do not relish the stunts he pulls....nor the lack of feelings towards what he has done...since he did start things out on the Bronco like usual, and the fact that he thought it was so cool by posting the evidence of his mentality.

This is the last i will speek of this matter..nothing good can come from further debat...or bickering. What is done is done..let it be. Lets all hope that we can all learn from this and not repeat these stupid mistakes.

My two cents.

Azblazer

1979 K5
    1976 K5 Chalet
    1972 K10 Suburban