Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where's Tim????

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by unclematty, Jun 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

Where\'s Tim????

Did you guys run off another paying member? I've been here a while and I never had any probs with him, I kinda took the whole timmmay forum as a joke, but I also have not heard a peep out of him in a few days(since the forum thing got started.) I'm not trying to make trouble or anything, but he struck me as aguy trying to make amends, amd now, he is more than likely gone. there is nothing wrong with playing devils advocate on ocasion is there (him not me) cuz from my semi objective point of veiw ya'll were a little harsh on the guy. that's ruff startin a piss and moan forum and makin a guy the subject/ moderator of said forum. after all he did apologize. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Re: Where\'s Tim????

uhh hes around, I talk to him on Aim fairly often, last time was this morning. He was working on his sister's Tracker last I talked to him, she drove it 40 miles home with a blown headgasket /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

3. unclematty

Dude, that inkin's gotta hurt! Holy bleedin' like a stuck pig! you can't tell me that rib shot didn't hurt like a mutha! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

P.S. Tell tim to come back, he kept it interesting round here. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

most painful thing I've ever felt /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

5. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Look closely at the date of his original post in that thread, my friend. You'll be surprised to hear that within a couple of weeks of his "apology" he was back to his old self. And in the last couple of months he's pissed off enough people to last a lifetime.

He's probably off attending to his mangina and feeling sorry for himself- after all, according to the Almighty Timmay, he's done nothing wrong........ /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I like tim, good tech. I think a few people over reacted to some of the things he's said, but hey, it happens.

7. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Trust me, Paul, it's more than "a few". I have gotten a boatload of PMs over the last couple of months from disgruntled members who took exception to Tim's behavior/attitude. When I attempted to deal with the situation by bringing these complaints to his attention, he basically told me take a hike. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

You know what? I personally think the kid can contribute a lot to CK5 because he knows his stuff(WAAAAY more than I do, I might add)- unfortunately, he thinks he knows EVERYTHING......

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Trust me, Paul, it's more than "a few". I have gotten a boatload of PMs over the last couple of months from disgruntled members who took exception to Tim's behavior/attitude. When I attempted to deal with the situation by bringing these complaints to his attention, he basically told me take a hike. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

You know what? I personally think the kid can contribute a lot to CK5 because he knows his stuff(WAAAAY more than I do, I might add)- unfortunately, he thinks he knows EVERYTHING......

[/ QUOTE ] I hear ya. Didn't know about the [ QUOTE ]
    When I attempted to deal with the situation by bringing these complaints to his attention, he basically told me take a hike.

[/ QUOTE ] that makes a difference. But I still think alot of people over react to some of the things that get posted, myself inclueded sometimes. [​IMG]

9. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I'm not going to comment on this thread at all. Let the lashings continue, as if the last thread wasn't enough. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

10. unclematty

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I didn't know about him tellin' canmore where to go and how toget there. If he is gonna be like that then he can stay gone, /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif after all we are trying to conduct ourselves like somewhat civilized K5'ers. Sorry /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif I started up this whole thing up again, I'l just sit here and mind my own. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

11. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Apparently you can dish it out, but you can't take it!!!!

Cry me a river. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

12. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

here is all I'm going to say about this subject. everyone let it go /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif Tim you know you act like an a$$ sometimes /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif you know it we know it /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif so you try to be a little more civilized and everyone else just back off Tim and let it go /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

Deal. I will be nice now. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

14. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    He's probably off attending to his mangina

[/ QUOTE ]

OWNED! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

15. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Let the lashings continue, as if the last thread wasn't enough.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Wow, quite a statement from a guy that lashes out at other people in about every thread he posts. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    Apparently you can dish it out, but you can't take it!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yeah, you think? /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    He's probably off attending to his mangina

[/ QUOTE ]
    I like it! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    so you try to be a little more civilized and everyone else just back off Tim and let it go

[/ QUOTE ]
    OK Boss, we can try. But I still stand behind the motion for the <font color="red"> Ask Timmay </font> forum so that Timmay and all of his followers can be have a safe haven to themselves. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    I actually believe this as well. If he will only learn to stop posting like some kind of asshat and perhaps pay attention to a Moderators' reqest to calm down, then maybe we could all let it go.

[ QUOTE ]
    Look closely at the date of his original post in that thread, my friend. You'll be surprised to hear that within a couple of weeks of his "apology" he was back to his old self. And in the last couple of months he's pissed off enough people to last a lifetime.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Try to avoid the public apologies to impress a girly type and not plan to stick to the self suggested improved behavior. Just a thought........ /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

16. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

BTW, what happened to the "other" thread? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

17. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

You know I know Tim is abrasive and most of you don't like him but I must say how can a person change around here? He bows out of a thread attacking him, he does the right thing and doesn't start more crap, and you guys attack him for it basically calling him a pussy! But I know you guys, if he responded with anything else you'd just use it as fodder for why he sucks. Can nothing ever die here? Just cause hes an asshat in your opinion doesn't mean you can't kill it with kindness or be a good person back.

18. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

I dont really know what to say,because i havent been on here for a while,but tims alright in my book.We had our rounds in the past too,but in the end,hes alright.Mabey the guy has some family problems,or a death in the family,or mabey....who knows? It would be a shame to see the guy go,in any case.I dont know what happened.Jake /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    You know I know Tim is abrasive and most of you don't like him but I must say how can a person change around here? He bows out of a thread attacking him, he does the right thing and doesn't start more crap, and you guys attack him for it basically calling him a pussy! But I know you guys, if he responded with anything else you'd just use it as fodder for why he sucks. Can nothing ever die here? Just cause hes an asshat in your opinion doesn't mean you can't kill it with kindness or be a good person back.

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

20. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

[ QUOTE ]
    Just cause hes an asshat

[/ QUOTE ]

I think when someone posts an asshat response, then I have no problem if people flame away. But I'm willing to take it on a case by case basis. I've seen both out of Tim. He's been helpful in some posts, and a pinhead in others. I tend to be patient given his age. Some people grow out of it, some people have it knocked out of them at some point. If he was my age and acting the same way, I'd probably feel differently. People can change, but it doesn't happen over night and there are some folks who establish a well earned reputation that won't go away after an apology or two. There are a few positions in life that demand respect, however most people have to earn it first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.