Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Which 36" tire would you recommend?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Blazer79, Oct 18, 2002.

1. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

Which 36\" tire would you recommend?

I have 3 Dick Cepek 36x16.50x16.5 Radial FC tires. I have 16.5" wheels with beadlocks in progress.

I'd like to buy 2 tires, but so far I've found limited options in 16.5" wheels, and the new Mickey Thompson Kevlars that replaced the FCs are $284 each! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I don't mind having different tires front and rear, but I'd like a tire that has descent street manners (upcoming trip to Mexico), but does good in offroad conditions. I've never seen snow, so no problem there, and most important I want it to last longer than the 10K miles Interco tires. I know, it sounds like I'm describing a BF Goodrich, but they don't have 36" tires in 16.5" /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Any ideas appreciated.

2. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

Re: Which 36\" tire would you recommend?

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    and most important I want it to last longer than the 10K miles Interco tires.

[/ QUOTE ] well i love my 36x12.50 TSLs.

3. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

I have buddies that have been running the Swamper SSR and are getting 30,000 out of em, including wheeling (but not much serious rockcrawling around here). Mind you, they are well maintained as far as pressure and rotation, but that's no big deal. They make the 37x12.50 in a 16.5. I would bet those measure around 36 inches. Check www.intercotire.com for the exact measurements. Hope that helps some...

4. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Makes me wonder how much mileage I can get out of 38" Radial Swampers. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif