Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

which 52s for front????????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 85mudbogger, Feb 21, 2007.

1. 85mudbogger

85mudbogger 1/2 ton status

i got to many options and i need about 6 or more inches of lift in the front, first set of leafs i got are 1 ton dually rear springs pretty good arch have 5 or 6 leafs with the block on top then overload, well id loose the block and overload and maybe one leaf, they are 2 and 1/4 inches wide looks maybe like 6 inch lift, next is 52 inch 4 leaf and then i got a set of 52 3 leaf with overload, i want flex but i need 6 or more lift to match my rear leafs cuz the are true leafs and no blocks, already know crossover, if i have to run a 2 inch block in the front for the 52s i can and i know most of you opose this but will not prolly reach over 30mph in this thing for i play in mud at www.custom-differentials.com and in ponds and dirt mounds so im not afraid of the blocks i will periodically check the ubolts, the 3 leafs 52s are under a short bed 2wd while the other 52s are in a 76 half ton 4x4 both junk trucks, i have more but didnt feel like diggin to get to them, also have some ford ones but :confused: :confused: :confused: dispise ford hahahaha, they do measure like 51,52 anyone need some haha, which do you think would be best, all need new polys, so they all in same condition

Last edited: Feb 21, 2007
  2. 85mudbogger

got to thinkin about those 2 and 1/4 wide ones. well the have a 1 inch block on the top of them but when they were torched off whatever they came off of :confused: first thought one ton dually, well the hangers are still half there and the one looks like a front shackle, could these be like a jeep or something i was just pondering what i first thought now i dont believe myself i need to get some pics haha, i will tonight anyone know how to take pics with a sony handycam and upload them cant find the book haha

3. bronc3buster842001

bronc3buster842001 1/2 ton status

hey bro where u from in missouri im from the farmington area ive been to nagers a few times pretty good place to have fun

4. RGV72BLAZER

RGV72BLAZER 1/2 ton status

Edinburg*San Bene*Online-The Real South Texas
    stock 52s = 4" + longer shackle = 1" + zero rate = 1" + 2" add a leafs = ~7"

the zero rates can even be made in 2" lifts. don't use blocks for your and others' safey. plus do you really wanna be the guy in the middle of the mud bog stuck with a broken block? i'd rather be the guy stuck in the middle of the mud bog because i hydrolocked the motor:haha:

5. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

im going to run 4" 52's up front and take out 2 leafs and flip the overload, that should put me at about 6.5-7" lift

6. 85mudbogger

perryville, not to far away, tryin to get my truck ready and get my log wagon leafs outta the front, i could probably put a semi on top and it wouldnt squat at all, k i hear ya about the block n front, now you say 4 inch 52s, well im tryin to use what 52s i got, how much would new 4 inch 52s run me and would they flex good like the stock ones do or are they better, im tryin to clear 38 hawgs with no trimin and if i had blocks in the rear i could play with my height and i wouldnt have this problem but i dont so im just tryin to not spend cuz im savin for something other than these junk hawgs i got :haha: thanks for your input and ill be at the next neagers keep a look out for my truck ill get some pics here so you know what your lookin for haha im gonna try to get thru that damn pond without suckin in water and attempt the rock garden for the first time and see what i can tear up:haha:

7. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

if you wana run true 38s with no triming then ur going to need 7-8" lift