Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Which application(s) for 14MMx1.5 "open" lug nuts

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by dyeager535, Apr 11, 2005.

1. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Yeah, I'm cheap, don't want to go buy new ones. Besides, it's an excuse to go to the wrecking yard. :)

It appears 14MM is pretty much "standard" on all of the IFS stuff thats 3/4 or 1 ton, correct?

Does this mean that any application that uses those plastic "faux" lug nuts, or any sort of cover that hides the lug nuts, will have the open ended ones that I'm looking for?

2. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

Yes, all GM IFS trucks use the 14 mm nuts. Most have the external threads for the covers, but a lot of 90's 1/2 trucks and SUV's with the aluminum wheels and a snap on cover have the 14mm nuts without the external threads. How many do you need? I have some extras here I could send you.

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Well, I could use 12 of them, thanks for offering! Should I PM you?

I was hoping to find some that used 3/4 socket for removal, but I *think* the 14MM studs are too big for that, I think 13/16"? Wouldn't mind having different size studs front/rear, but would be nice to need only one socket. :)

4. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

Yeah, send me a PM and give me your address. I can part with 12 of them. All I have is the ones with the external thread if thats OK. I think I ocassionally use a 13/16" socket, but usually use my 21mm socket. I just spent $35.00 on 32 external thread lugnuts with the external thread to put factory GMC chrome caps on my trailer, only to find that the type of hub I have sticks out too far for those caps. I think I might just hole saw the centers out just to get it done.