Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Which BBC?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by XtrmChevy, Jun 1, 2004.

1. XtrmChevy

XtrmChevy 1/2 ton status

Having some problem with my 427 and must take it apart /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif, at least there is machinework to be done but possibly new rods & pistons. It is a really nice engine, I like it alot it has a Holley 750, Edelbrock rpmII manifold, aluminium pistons compression is 11 (98 octane), CC 268 advertised duration.

A friend is offering a 454 for 6000 Euros (7500-8000$?) and it has Dart heads with Dart intake, mechanical roller cam (nasty) Holley 1050, Jesel rockers and so on... A professional enginebuilder has looked over it and estimated it to +600hp, 7500 redline. It is really too much for me, I want an engine built for torque, not the high hp.

I do not think there is much in the offered engine that I want/need but what could I get for the same money? Keep in mind what costs a dollar over there is 1,5-2 dollars here.

I am tempted to turn the 427 to a 454 but how much would it set me back? Or should I aim for 4,25" stroke?

What would you do?

2. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I would not recommend spending the money on the built engine. Better spent on your 427 I think.