Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Which Bedliner really is the best? In your opinion.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by lehtola, Aug 7, 2001.

1. lehtola

lehtola 1/2 ton status

O.K. I know this has been mentioned many times. I'm looking for testimonials. Gonna use a bedliner that is going to be exposed to the elements. Rhinoliner, Linexx, etc...of all that are available...what are the ones you all have used and how do you like it? I'm looking at straight black...nothing crazy...as if the color really matters. So send me your opinions.

1990 GMC Jimmy 350/TH700R4/NP241/10 bolts, 4" skyjacker lift, 35x12.50R15 BFG All Terrains on 15x10 AR Baja's, Flowmasters.

2. Cusm

Cusm 1/2 ton status

I am too poor, or cheap, to have it done, but based on all that I have seen Rhino is the best. It is thicker and easier on the skin. I have friends that have Line-X, Rhino and Herculiner and the Rhino is the best IMO. The Line-X seemed like a beefed up Herculiner, and not worth the extra $300 over the Herculiner. Her is too thin and will chip. Rhino is about 1/2" - 3/4" so it seems a lot more durable.
    Whatever you choose you might want to Por-15 the corners and hard to reach areas.

Good lord. The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up it's butt.

3. MRBIGBLOCK

MRBIGBLOCK 1/2 ton status

i hate spray in bedliners i like a rubber mat. or a slip in liner.

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I saw the job that Rhino did on my co-workers Toyota...very nice! I'm gonna save my money and get them to do my 74 Blazer...complete interior floor and sides. It had a texture to it, but was not ugly at all. More of a fine grain to it than other liners i have seen.

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>

5. militaryblazer

militaryblazer 1/2 ton status

I had my entire inside done on my blazer with Line-X, also the fender wells. After looking at the others it was the most durable and best looking in my opinion. The Rhino liners have lots of little points on them I thought. Mine looked extremely good I thought and didn't fade any with the top off. I think I have some pictures of it on my website but not sure. It did come with a hefty price tag though, a little over $800 for the inside, bottom of dash, and fender wells.

Pics of my blazer--&gt;http://www.geocities.com/m1009_86

6. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

Perma-tech seems to be the rave lately, colors, glow in the dark if you choose that route, ultraviolet protection, Supposed to out do everybody else. Priced about the same I believe. Line-x for those who don't know is a slick surface liner, Rhino is a little more mat like so your load won't slip around. If your looking for a more cost effective approach then the herculiner sold at auto stores seems to be durable, just don't get it on your hootus. Duplicolor from what I have seen just does not hold up. It looks good at first but fades and does not adhere well. That's the knowledge I have so................
    As far as rubber mats or drop in liners as someone pointed out, I'm sure most of us regulars here know, the drop in will squeak, trap water, and rub the paint off your truck so it promotes rust. Rubber mat I have nothing bad to say about it's just not a full liner. Also on the same subject have you seen either that fits the entire tub of a K5? So a spray in liner is the only way to go.

Like em big and topless
    Excuse me...Would you mind removing your import from under my chevy?

7. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

anyone know how flamable these liners are, if at all??

ARQ.

offroad baja!!!
    1-72 4x4 CST Blazer
    2-71 4x4 CST Blazer
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/ArqDennis>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/ArqDennis</a>

8. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

, just don't get it on your hootus.

<hr></blockquote>

BAHAHAHAHAHA...this from experience Les? You know that dude still is very active on Por...CGarrett...funny shiat!

Btw, i've had rhino and linex. I liked the rhino a lot better, but the new truck came with lienx already in the bed so the price on that was right! Depends on what you want to do, if you unload and load a lot, get linex. If you dont like to use straps, use the rhino...Cause stuff does not like to slide accross it at all. In my experience, linex chips easier, but not enough to make much difference. Most of that is in the prep anyway. Haven't ever used any other kind. Don't get the Auto Color stuff in a can at OReilleys, it peels off like paint and generally sucks!

Sherman, Tx
    <font color=red>THE OFF- ROAD GOES ON FOREVER AND THE PARTY NEVER ENDS!!
    </font color=red>

9. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

as for flammable...if you set up a campfire in your bed, i'm sure it would melt. I have torch cut off the back of my tailgate many times, and it didn't catch on fire. (linex)

Sherman, Tx
    <font color=red>THE OFF- ROAD GOES ON FOREVER AND THE PARTY NEVER ENDS!!
    </font color=red>