Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Which Body Lift?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by getitup, Jul 5, 2003.

1. getitup

getitup Registered Member

Well is what I am planning to to do with my $300 75 Jimmy is to remove the body and install an 85 GMC cab on the K5 frame, because the body on the Jimmy is just not worth repairing. I can get the whole p/u for free. The 85 is a 2wd so I was told that I have to install a body lift clear the t-case. Well if that is true which one do I buy? The one for the 85 P/U or the 75 K5? Im not sure if I am shortening the bed or building a flat bed, but I like the idea of a really short bed p/u. thanks for the help.

2. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

Its my recollection that the truck kit should work...
    and I think 73-87 are the same.. at least thats what it says on my kit... The blazer kits sometimes have a little different puck for the rear square body mounts but the pickups are round
    I have two complete sets of Performance unlimited 2" blocks, bolts, etc... kits are brand new and I decided to do some major fender cutting instead of the lift blocks..
    anyway they are 50.00 a kit plus shipping to wherever you are...( these go for between 70-100 bucks anywhere else)
    radiator shroud must be modified other than that they are pretty straightforward in install
    email me if you are interested and Ill scan the install directions and email them to you
    cam

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

It doesn't really matter which body lift kit you buy. You'll need bushings for a '70s truck, though.

4. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

actually something you could do to bypass a body lift....

i used a 2wd cab on my truck.. cut the hump out... and put the one from my 4wd cab in....

4wd cab humps unbolt at least in pickups... so goto the junkyard and get yerself a 4wd hump... cut your 2wd one out... and drill holes and bolt it in..... nice and easy....