Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Which Body style would you buy?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by littlebubba, Sep 1, 2002.

1. littlebubba

littlebubba 1/2 ton status

Might have a chance to get a 74 Blazer body, with the FULL removable top, vs. the half top 76-up style. But am wondering what to look for on door glass leaking or any other problems with these tops and doors. Are doors for 73-75 hard to find? Can 81-up frontend sheetmetal be used on 74? What has to be done or needed to change it?

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

You can get new door and glass seals which should take care of most leak problems. the 73, 74, and 75 doors are not really available anymore...you have to cut the later style full door. LMC sells the caps and appropriate seals for them too.

new sheetmetal on an older tub isn't that hard. You'll need to drill some holes in the cowl for the small bolt on cowl piece though. There is another mod that must be done for the hood hinge...the whole conversion can be seen here:

http://coloradok5.com/grilleswap.shtml

Rene

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

For the removable full-top Blazers, I've always liked the body style of the 72. I had one and wish I'd never sold it. I currently have a 76. Both have advantages. I do like thev 76 becouse I can have overhead lights, but the 72 was nice with the whole top off. It all comes down to what you like.