Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

which brake hoses are you using?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by misfit, Jun 27, 2001.

1. misfit

misfit 1/2 ton status

just curious as to what brake hoses everyones using with their rear disc setup with 14 bolt, especially the caddy calipers.

2. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

I do NOT have the caddy calipers. I have the GM calipers (no ebrake.)
    You have to make the rear brake lines. Here's what you do. You need to have your rear brake line with you when you go to the parts store (I went to Autozone.) Tell them you want the FRONT brake lines for a 70's Blazer k10. Then tell them you need two lengths of steel brake line with the correct fittings to go between your new rubber brake line and your brake line you brought with you. They are about $3 to $4 each, with fittings. You then need a simple tubing bender (about $5) and a flare tool (again, like $5) to cut and bend it the way you want it. I hadn't ever made brake lines before I converted to discs, but it was pretty easy.
    In case you're wondering how to get your dirty rear brake line off your truck and onto the Autozone counter, don't worry. Go buy the braided Stainless Steel brake lines from ProComp (made by Earl's) because it replaces your rubber line with the braided line.
    I hope that wasn't confusing...
    -- Mike