Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

which brand

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mud390, Jul 18, 2003.

1. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

Which brand of lift would you recomend, BDS or Tuff Country soft ride. I plan on doing a shackle flip in the rear, so I won't need rear springs. Haven't decided on 4" or 6" yet though. Kinda leaning on 6" with 35" tires. What are you opinions on the lift plan? Any suggestions would be great! Thanks!

Kris

2. doctor4x4

doctor4x4 1/2 ton status

super lift soft ride is what i use and recomend
    what kind of use is it gonna see ??

3. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

Mostly mud and trails. No major rock crawling. The only rocks it will ever see is what is on the trail. But, I want it to ride good, not like it has no suspension.

Kris

4. o2bjimmy

o2bjimmy 1/2 ton status

Only aftermarket springs ive ever ran are BDS so i cant really recomend them to any others. BUT i can say i really like the way that they ride and have a fair amount of flex once broken in. IVE found they ride rough for the first month or so then really loosen up.

5. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Go BDS. Awesome spring! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    -Harrison

6. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

I haven't heard anything bad about BDS. I run TC EZ Rides, and I am very happy with it....

Any of the three mentioned above should work good. I believe BDS has a forever warranty too....

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

My set up is Superlift soft ride 6" springs up front, and ORD 4" shackle flip with 3" Tuff Country springs for a total of 7 inchs of lift in the rear. (Note; On a K5 or burb, that extra 1 inch of lift in the rear helps elimate the saggy butt problem these trucks get becouse of the extra wieght vers a pick up.) If you're going with the ORD shackle flip, get the Tuff Country springs from ORD also. That way you can order everything all at once. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

I've heard from several people, not on this site, that Tuff Country's stuff does not fit well. Takes coercing (see big hammer) to make some of the parts fit. Not a real good fit and finish. Anyone had this problem? Anybody have any complaints about either Tuff, BDS, or Superlift? Thanks!

Kris

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I've heard from several people, not on this site, that Tuff Country's stuff does not fit well. Takes coercing (see big hammer) to make some of the parts fit. Not a real good fit and finish. Anyone had this problem? Anybody have any complaints about either Tuff, BDS, or Superlift? Thanks!

Kris

[/ QUOTE ] I don't see any problems with the Tuff Country springs. Are you sure they wern't talking about Rough Country products ??? I've heard simular things about Rough Country, but have no personal experence other then riding in a truck equiped with them, and it rode very rough.

10. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

They may have been because everyone said, "oh, rough country/tuff coutnry stuff fits like crap." So I guess they were talking about Rough Country. Is $460 a good price for 4" BDS, with shocks and steering correction? $560 for the same deal, but 6"? Thanks!

Kris

11. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Those prices sound like a kit with 'blocks'.

My TC EZ rides came with one of the spring clamps unuseable. It just flops around. I tried to reseat it with a BFH, but to no avail. One of the friction pads is missing to, and this is a fairly new install.

These things kind of bothered me for what I spent, but I am happy with the end results.

12. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    super lift soft ride is what i use and recomend
    what kind of use is it gonna see ??

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="green"> For the record, I have 6" Superlift softrides on my junk; not only do they flex like ass but they have sagged out to 4" with way under 10k miles on them. A fellow club member got a set of the 4" TCs and one of them sagged 1" after one trip, but it was replaced under warranty. I have no personal experience with the BDS springs.</font>

13. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

Wow!! Sorry to hear that! Have you heard of anyone else having that problem with the springs sagging prematurely? BDS anyone? Thanks!

Kris

14. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I had a set set of tuff country 4" springs in my truck. It was a nice ride, lots of flex. I got them used and they never sagged. I pulled them out and put In a set of BDS springs, but haven't had a chance to drive on them yet. But i can see, I have ALOT more flex! I also don't run a front sway bar. I never had a problem with the Tuff countrywithout sway bar.