Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

which carb? (of what i have...)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by broncoman6524, Dec 24, 2006.

?

which carb

1. Q-jet

9 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. edelbrock 650

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  3. holley 600

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  4. idk im Nekked!

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. broncoman6524

broncoman6524 1/2 ton status

alright ive got a horribly tuned 650 edelbrock (too rich) which is on the motor now. i also have a holley 600 and my stock Q-jet. which one would you put on the motor for now until i can have the edelbrock tuned and set up properly?

its a 350 (gm 290hp) with a edelbrock performer intake, hopefully by next week itll have long tube hookers too:D :haha: .

the edelbrock already has the offroad needle and seats, and i have the asorted step up springs for it.

and does a carb spacer actaully make a diff in seat of your pants driving?

2. 1977k5

1977k5 3/4 ton status Vendor

What kind of shape are the other two carbs in? Would you have to tune the Holley as well? If that's something you are trying to avoid, the Q-jet which is already setup for your motor is probably the best choice. That's what I would do.

3. broncoman6524

broncoman6524 1/2 ton status

the q-jet was runnin fine when i pulled it off, the choke was sticking though. its sat for about 6months now. and yes im looking for ease of tuning and somewhat better fuel milage. lol

4. 58 apache

58 apache 1/2 ton status

edelbrocks are super easy to re adjust metering rods and jets typically takes less than 5 min. go to edelbrock and download your owners manual. carb # should be on passenger bolt flange stay with one carb and get it right every time you switch carbs your gonna change something.... stick with one. a 600 cfm will feed ANY sbc up to 400 hp and 6000 rpm. too big a carb is more problems than a smaller carb. especially if its runnin rich.. just my $.02 dont put the holley on there edel has much better street manners. holleys tend to load up if your not runnin the sh** out of them. oh and spacer will lower the temp of your gass giving better atomization. and prevent float bowl boiling. if you have room to run one it will help fuel econowy slightly and prevent float overflow caused by fuel boiling after engine shut down