Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Which Carb?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BrentNClemson, Oct 22, 2002.

1. BrentNClemson

BrentNClemson Registered Member

I currently have a Holley 650cfm carb on my 86 K5 Blazer 350 motor. I'm having trouble on inclines and slants where the engine will just cut off. I've heard that a Quadrajet carb will fix this problem. Is this true? Also, which will give me better gas mileage? Thanks.
    -Brent N. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Yes and Q-jet
    The holley sucks at inclines, the q-jet is still master of the hills /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    As for fuel economy the Q-jet is better if your right foot is not loaded with lead.
    The holley has four equal size barrels, the Q-jet has 2 small primaries and 2 big secondaries. Since most of the time you would be at part throttle (not me /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif ) you would have better economy, and I have done tests to prove it.

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

From what I've read, the Q-jet is the best for off roading.

4. trouble1

trouble1 1/2 ton status

have you checked into the new "truck avenger" from holley?
    I have a 86 Blazer with a edelbrock 600 cfm and have never had any problems with it either. Oh yea, and speaking of which, did you know the edelbrocks are actually made by weber? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

5. efilnikufecin

efilnikufecin 1/2 ton status

yep,weber is stamped right on the side of the edelbrock carb.