Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

which cd player?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MNorby, Sep 16, 2006.

?

Which CD player?

1. Pioneer DEH-2600 installed Nekid

28.6%
  2. Alpne CDE-7856 listened to Nekid

71.4%
  1. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I have an Alpine CDE-7856 and a Pioneer DEH-2600 sitting here. Both are used. Alpine was given to a friend with a car he bought but didn't have a wiring harness. I got one off ebay for like $5. The Pioneer came out of a semi truck at work. Driver said the AM radio didn't work or would cut out so put a new one in and scabbed this one. Trying to decide which one to put in the 71.
    I love the Alpine in my dodge but have also had great luck with Pioneers. Neither appear to be MP3 so thats a bummer. Opinions?
    http://www.epinions.com/pr-Pioneer_DEH-P2600_In-Dash_CD_Player/display_~full_specs
    http://www.epinions.com/613426_Alpine_CDE_7856_CD_Receiver/display_~full_specs

Last edited: Jan 11, 2009
  2. obijuan

obijuan 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

sounds like you should use the one youve already put money into for the harness and keep the other as a backup

3. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

i bought that alpine wire before I got my hands on the pioneer. Just wanna figure which is best and try that one first. The other may end up in truggy

4. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

There is a reason all the cars in car audio mags have Alpine head units , they work :thumb:

( I am a Sony guy , loyal to the bone and waiting to afford the new Bluetooth model )

5. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

I've also owned both Alpine and Pioneer Decks. Both are compatible to each other... But I love my Alpines, so I vote for Alpine!

6. SkysTheLimit

SkysTheLimit 1/2 ton status

It's been a while since I was into the car audio scene but back 6 or 7 years ago, Alpine was a much better unit than even the Pioneer Premier stuff. I would imagine that hasn't changed.

Once I put my rig back together I'm going to try to find something WITHOUT a removable face plate.

Look at your two units and see how well the face plates are attached and how they clip on if they're removable. I had a clarion in my K5 before the Nakamichi and it didn't last hardly 18 months before the faceplate stopped working.

whichever has the better connection method between radio & faceplate gets my vote, assuming both have the wiring options and output you need. it's gotta withstand the bouncy bouncy.

HTH