Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Which color to paint pre-runner bumpers??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Impex, Sep 8, 2000.

1. Impex

Impex 1/2 ton status

Im getting a front and rear prerunner bumper built along with and spare tire carrier to mount in my bed (K-10). Im planning on in the future to get my bed sprayed with line-x color black, the truck is a 78 with a chrome round billet grille. Ok now my problem is which color to paint my bumpers? I have a red truck so i dont want them red and i really dont want them black because you wount see them really at all with the black line-x in the rear. I really want this to stand out but im having trouble on a color. I was thinking like a blue of some sort or a grey. I want this to stick out so when people see this its like WOW! PLZ help!

Thanks

[​IMG]

2. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

3. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

4. Goose

Goose 1/2 ton status

What color are your mirrors, rims, & topper. Mine are all white so I went with a white bumber. I think it all ties in good and just looks sweet. I wouldn't get any color that stands out too much because after a while you'll get tired of it and want to change. Remember when the neon stripes were all the rage on cars? ICK! I would go with black or gray.

My 02 cents

5. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

Do they come painted or bare metal? If they're bare metal then hit em with a wire brush and then clear coat. I've seen a few race trucks like this an it looks sweet. I guess you could still do this if they're already painted, it would just be a pain in the @ss.

Joe
    RIT Mini-Baja http://www.rit.edu/~bajawww
    Team Mudnuts http://www.mudnuts.org

6. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

7. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

I would paint them yellow or red, that would be cute.. The one up front would kinda blend in with the rest of the truck makng it look more pronounced. And with the some HELLA or PIAA lights up front, damn would that be sexy. And since you are getting the bed black anyway the rear would contrast more.

Trisha on Drews' computer!!!!!!!

8. realsquash

realsquash 1/2 ton status

I like Hammerite Black, which is actually a dark grey. I've painted tons of things on my truck with that color. I looks really nice and is a helluva lot tougher than genero-paint. Powdercoating would be better but more expensive. Also, I've tried Rustoleum "Hammered-Finish" and it works equally as well. Remember, "black" is really grey.

Squash
    http://www.trailrunners4x4.org/users/realsquash

9. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

yeah, paint em yellow if you want to make a shocking statement. See the pic, not a blazer but a good example of how yellow can be used to accent your rig. LOL....yuck

I like the hammerrite myself....

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Durant, Ok
    '79 Blaze- 350/350/203, 14B w/detroit, D44, 4.11s, 4" susp, 36" TSL

10. Impex

Impex 1/2 ton status

Hey thanks for all the help. What do you think a blue like the blue on this page or like Ford blue? And what is this "Hammerite" paint you guysl talking about. Is it a brand, and where do i get it at? Also i never thought about how the red would look with the black line-x sprayed in the bed, that would look sharp....hmmmmmm

[​IMG]