Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Which Computer Monitor....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 90blzr, Jan 30, 2006.

1. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

Okay, thanks for all of the advice on the computer thread I did last week, still looking, but good info.

I notice while looking, some systems dont include the monitor. I have seen a few monitors and some look really crappy as far as the picture quality. I would like an LCD flat screen monitor if I can find a good one for a decent price. Some of them I have seen seem to 'shadow' realy bad...as in if you are not directly in front of it, the screen is really dark (if viewing from an angle). Also, they usually list a bunch of numbers in the specs. What do those numbers mean? What should I be looking for?

A standard CRT (I think they are called), is not out of the question, but would rather have a descent LCD if possible.

Pros and cons?

Any that you have had and didnt like? Ones you have used and really liked, etc. Maybe brands to stay away from?

Thanks guys!!!

2. grimjaw

grimjaw 1/2 ton status

3. Inu-Hanyou1776

Inu-Hanyou1776 1/2 ton status

While you do have good space savings with an LCD monitor, when looking at pictures, the pictures don't look as good as they do on a CRT one. At least that's the case with the LCD monitors I've seen. Some of the more high-end ones may not have this problem.

CRT's take up more space, but the quality and detail of everything on the screen is better for an equivalently priced LCD monitor. I look at pictures a lot on my system, so I'd rather have a CRT than an LCD right now.