Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

which disk work best with deburbinators brackets?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by topless1tonk5, Jun 13, 2002.

1. topless1tonk5

topless1tonk5 Registered Member

wehat should i snag these disl off?

2. Mr.Chevy4x4

Mr.Chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

I went to Advance Auto parts and bought brand new ones for $24 apiece! I just specified front disc's for a '78 3/4 ton 4x4 and they had them in stock.

3. DERBINATOR

DERBINATOR 1/2 ton status

MRChevy4x4 is right. You need the rotor and caliper from a 3/4 ton chevy 4x4.

4. Mr.Chevy4x4

And let me just add that I am very pleased with Derbinators brackets! They are top notch and I would recommend them to anyone! In fact I just did this evening. I think I have my neighbor sold on putting a set on his 1 ton van. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Mike

5. mike reeh

mike reeh 1/2 ton status

yep. 77 K20 rotors and calipers for me. $23 for each rotor, and $11 for each caliper. Cant beat that!

derb's brackets are the bomb. If anyone wants to see a pic let me know. they turned out great

mike

6. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

While we're on the subject....once you get the rotors pressed onto the hubs, take them to a shop and have them 'turned'. I bought a brand new set of rotors and was AMAZED at how non-flat they were straight from the factory!

Scott4x4 turned them for me at his shop (nice guy!) and said the braking would have been horrible if I had skipped this step.....

FYI

7. TopOff

TopOff 1/2 ton status

Where does one get the Brackets?

Am I correct to think these are for a 14ff?

Will they work on a 14sf?

TIA
    TO

8. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Derbinator, on here, sells the brackets.

Yes they're for a 14 FF.

No you can't use them on a 14 bolt SF.

Now I have a question. Supposedly 77 and later D44s and 10 bolts use the same size wheel bearings for 3/4 and 1/2 ton. Does that mean that you could use 1/2 ton rear rotors if you got some special caliper brackets that hold the caliper lower? There isn't that much difference in the diameter of 1/2 and 3/4 ton rotors, so the brackets would have to maybe have the holes moved down 1/4" and you could use 1/2 ton stuff, right? Or for some reason am I missing something all together?

What I'm thinking is here--I could keep my front end 6 lug and, if I'm going to do rear discs anyway, convert a 14 FF to 6 lug with disc brakes and I wouldn't have to grind up front at all and I could even get aluminum wheels one day if I wanted.

9. Mr.Chevy4x4

It won't work because you are still using the 8 lug hubs from the 14FF. So, unless you figured out a way to convert the 8 lug hubs to 6 lug it wouldn't work. Nice thought though. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

10. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Ahh--no wonder you guys were only talking about 3/4 ton rotors and not hub/rotor assemblies. Worth asking anyway.

I might as well stay 8 lug. I kinda like it that way anyway.