Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Which Doubler is best?

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by nvrenuf, Jun 15, 2004.

1. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Dr. Watson, first I apologize for asking an old question again but I just want to make sure...

I will be ordering a (TH400) Doubler within the next week or so. I have both round and figure "8" pattern 205's, is there any preference/advantage as to which Doubler to get? Does one bolt pattern support better than the other? I intend to get it clocked up 2" if that makes any difference. Since I have both combos of case designs I can swap parts, delete parts, whatever - in the past you've said it doesn't matter but I just want to do this the best way the first/only time.

Again, sorry for beating an old question it's just that I only have this money to spend once and I want to get it right. /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

Thanks for your time!

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

I can't come up with any advantage of one or the other. With the shifter cutting through the bolt pattern you lose most of your options for mounting different cases or rotating on your own so that's not a big deal.
    I think I'd be inclined to use a fig8 case and save the round one for an application that really needs it like a NV4500 or SM465 swap or something like that. The round pattern case is a bit more rare so it might be worth keeping it around. In the very rare event that you need to replace a case, it would also be easier to find a fig8 case for a replacement.

That's about all I can come up with, anyone else?

3. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Kewl! I was leaning towards the early case simply because it seems like the bolt pattern might offer more support for the bottom half of the case. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif An added benefit is that I case pidgeon whole my round pattern case as a spare for my crew cab.

What's the average time between ordering and shipping? Just curious, I figure there is enough demand to cause a back log.

Thanks for readdressing an old question, I'll be calling soon... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

4. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

We are currently cutting adapters so all in all an order tomorrow should ship in between 1 and 2 weeks. Maybe sooner but we have a bit too much happening to be super sure of anything faster.