Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Which driveshaft for 14bolt?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Blazer79, Aug 8, 2002.

1. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

I'm getting ready to install my 14 bolt into my Blazer. It came from a suburban. Is there a driveshaft from some other vehicle with a CV-joint that I can just hunt in the junkyards and have it properly sized?

Which routes have you guys gone to do this? Ordering a new fancy driveshaft is not an option for me because I'm outside USA /forums/images/icons/frown.gif But there are shops over here that can do the shortening/lenghtening job cheap. Any ideas?

Thanks.

2. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

When i swapped the 14 into my truck, I just used te stock shaft and the special u-joint.

3. BigMac

BigMac 1/2 ton status

I'm heading out to the junkyard tomarrow to do exactly what your asking about.... I'll post my results, if I don't go brain dead and lose this thread.....

I whish I knew what steering box I needed .... but thats another thread..

4. BLUESMAN

BLUESMAN 1/2 ton status

Phoenix(but it\'s a dry heat...like an oven!)AZ.
    When I swapped in my 14 bolt I just had to get the NAPA u joint(#348 or 447).As long as you are not swapping the t- case, then you should be good to just get the special u joint.Mike