Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

which electric fuel pump for a tbi???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Supreme70, Nov 1, 2006.

1. Supreme70

Supreme70 1/2 ton status

Im making my own tank and want to keep the tbi, so i need to know which pump will work.

I dont want a in the tank pump. So what would work best and how much can i expect to pay.

2. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

The only pump I would recomend or use for your needs is a Carter TBI inline external pump: ClickyCarter fuel pump
    Those are the best external pump for TBI. They give trouble free operation, and most important are self priming. Most all aftermarket TBI kits use Carter TBI pumps.

3. Supreme70

Supreme70 1/2 ton status

thanks alot for the info Thunder.

4. jays68yak

jays68yak 1/2 ton status

I have one like the carter but its not a carter. I just walked into the parts house and asked them for a replacement external tbi pump. It was about $140.

5. Mastiff

Mastiff 1/2 ton status Premium Member

What exactly does self-priming mean? I assume it means it can suck some amount of air, but how much? I had a spare of the pump I'm using and tried to use it to siphon gas from my tank through the filler, but it couldn't do it. I think the pump was slightly below fuel level, but the tube went up and back down.

Now I'm a little nervous that if I run my tank dry, I won't be able to get things fired up again. The pump I have is a Master E2000, which is the high pressure pump from an 86 Ford truck application.