Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Which Exhaust Sytem for 6.2 Blazer

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TK5, Jun 26, 2002.

1. TK5

TK5 1/2 ton status

I am in the process of putting new exhaust system on my K5 6.2. I wanting to put 3" but the exhaust shop says they can't route the 3" past the transfer case???? He wants to do 2.5" from the manifold back. Any suggerstions?????? I have a 350 with a 208.

I also want to go with Flowmaster mufflers 50 or 70 series?
    Comments:

This a daily driver, I don't want it too loud. (I have to uphold my image with the local PD.

Thanks for any suggestions.

2. tori89k5

tori89k5 1/2 ton status

1st. off, find another exhaust shop. You can do 3" past the t-case. I did it on mine. Get ahold of a Banks dealer and have them sell you the Mandrel bent "Y" pipe for their sidewinder turbo system. I used a Dynomax high flow muffler on mine, but a 70 series flowmaster should be similar. I also didnt want mine loud, It was perfect ! Sounded like a gas truck... mild rumble, just enought to cover the rattle. Also..... have your exhaust shop guy get you a mandrel bent 3" tail pipe from a same year truck. This will just about be a complete system, he will only have to make it all mate up. You will love the power increase ! Put a K&N filter in it too.