Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Which flexplate do I need?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by PetaKane, Aug 7, 2002.

1. PetaKane

PetaKane 1/2 ton status

Hmm, I bet Pureinsanity knows this one 8) The motor is a 98 350, the tranny is an 87 700R4. Do I get a flexplate for an 87 or a 98? And will an Autozone economy style flexplate be alright? Thanks

2. loudnowlouder

loudnowlouder 1/2 ton status

well since they're both the new one piece rear seal, i'd say go for the 87, cause the flexplate size will be determinant on the tranny bellhousing size, i'd venture a guess that they'd actually be the same part regardless of what year you choose as long as its a newer 350 700r4 combo...

3. PetaKane

PetaKane 1/2 ton status

So I could actually use the flexplate that I have on right now? I don't really know how often those things are supposed to be replaced, but I figured since I'm doing the whole motor, I should hit everything. I went to Autozone tonight, and they didn't have any flexplates..hmm. Maybe I'll try O'reilly's in the morning

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Summit has SFI approved flexplates for around $55 (plus their $9.95 "handling charge"). I've got a stock one from an '87 Corvette that's in perfect shape. It came out of the car at 7,800 miles. $35 would get it to your front door. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

5. PetaKane

PetaKane 1/2 ton status

Thanks Harry. I'd get it from ya, but I gotta pick me up one today. Thanks for the offer