Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

which fluid in rear end

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by truyoopr, Aug 5, 2000.

1. truyoopr

truyoopr Registered Member

I was wondering if anyone know which gear lube to use in the rear if you have an auburn limited slip. It is a 12 bolt with 4.56 and the auburn. I also race it if that makes a difference.

Come and Get Some

2. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

I just use any old 80/90W gear lube and throw in a bottle of LSD additive so my Eaton doesn't start making noise. I've never tried the stuff with the limited slip additive already included in the gear lube.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

3. truyoopr

truyoopr Registered Member

I thought it would be ok to use 80/90. I thought i had to use the limited slip stuff only. thanks for yor reply.

Come and Get Some

4. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

You can use 80w-90 if you have a posi or not

90K5

5. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Castrol make rear end lube that has the additive in it... But if you cant find it just buy the normal stuff and buy a little bottle of the additive.

Mike [​IMG]
    1982 GMC Jimmy - <font color=green>Emmett</font color=green>
    http://emmett.coloradok5.com

6. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

If you go to the castral site if they sall to use the additive with all there oils. that are used in diffs. ARB even says that it a good thought to use the additive in with there air lockers, My Detroit lockers info says to add in the additive even. Now then just what is this stuff????

I understand the jeep thing I drive a BLAZER!!

Ken

7. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Your Detroit info says to add it? I better tell my Brother that he said he read his and it didn't saying anything about it, I better have him get his eyes checked! :)

On the Castrol lube that I bought it said Hypo(sp?)-C. What ever the hell that is.. But i am sure you already knew the name of the stuff.

Mike [​IMG]
    1982 GMC Jimmy - <font color=green>Emmett</font color=green>
    http://emmett.coloradok5.com

8. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

yea and wait till you have o lay off the bucks for the cyntec or how ever thay spell it that goes in to the NV4500 it's loke 18.99 or 19.99 a qt. at GM or Dodge and it can only be had there!! The 4500/203/205 in my bluzer hold 14 qt!!!! of this stuff. Had to use it in the 203 and the 205 from lack or trust in the seals that are between them. By the way I did not put the aditive in eather of my rear ends as I'm running Mobile 1 in both and it does not need the additive !!!

I understand the jeep thing I drive a BLAZER!!

Ken