Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

which fog lights?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ducttape114, Oct 30, 2002.

1. ducttape114

ducttape114 1/2 ton status

one of the delivery trucks at my work is about to start a new route through a section in central cali that gets really foggy. i was wondering if anyone has any experiance with fog lights or knows of a brand that preforms really well. money is no object because im not paying for them. but the driver DEMANDS that she has a good set before she starts. please let me know what you think.
    ducctape

2. woody9

woody9 1/2 ton status

I put a set of Piaa 520's on my suburban & love 'em! I'm in rural wisconsin (bog country) and lots of fog & snow. They may not be the best out there, but they sure work great for me! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. eds77k5

eds77k5 1/2 ton status

i drove through central californie once, in the fog, with fog lights, i might as well have been spitin in the wind /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

How much do those Piaa 520's cost ????

5. woody9

woody9 1/2 ton status

i think RETAIL is/was something like $250+.... Got 'em on Ebay for about $160... NEW w/wiring harnes/relay/etc.

6. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> PIAA arguably has some of the nicest fog lights out there. Hella probably has some good ones too. The most important thing is to mount them as low as possible on the truck, but I'm sure you probably knew that. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif </font color>

7. ducttape114

ducttape114 1/2 ton status

the great thing about mounting lights on a delivery truck is that i know it will never be taken off road. when i mount anything on my truck my first concern is that it is protected from scrapeing the ground. i think i might even make some lowering brakets for these so they are about 12" off the asphalt. the bumper sits at about 18". so far Piaa 520s are the best suggestion. anyone else have any ideas?

8. wakedog

wakedog 1/2 ton status

i would have to say lightforce would be your best choice. I have the blitz 240's i believe there called. They have a diameter of 9". I would suggest those with the yellow wideangle filter cover they sell. I aslo have a set of PIAA 520's, to be honest the piaas are good lights but the lightforce throw a hell of a lot more light. Check them out at www.lightforceusa.com. If you wanted the absolute best go with Lightforce blitz 240 HID's. But they are around $500 a light i believe, where as the non HID's are about 230-250 a pair i believe.

9. woody9

woody9 1/2 ton status

Wakedog, are those lightforce lights FOG or 'off-road'? Looks like a nice light, but didn't see where they were designed for the 'fog' applications. They didn't mention that on any of their products. Looks like a kick-butt off-road light however!! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif (the PIAAs i mentioned earlier weren't the DRIVING/SPOT versions, but FOG style)