Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Which Front Shackle?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by UseYourBlinker, Feb 15, 2002.

1. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

What are the pro's / con's for the ORD Front Shackles,and Hill 4 Wheel Extended Front Shackles? Which one's do you run? Thanks for any info in advance [​IMG]

Eric
    from Freekmont,CA.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.community.webshots.com/user/vwryda> Miscellaneous Debris </a>

2. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

The only con I can think of is on the hills shackle, it pushes the front pinion angle down , but it can be corrected by degree shims. I wanted the extra 1" lift to even out the 5.5"blocks in the rear now that I have lightened the rear by installing a soft top so I bought the hills shackles. They are beefy as heck but not greasable which doesnt bother me too much.

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I run the ORD HD shackles in front. They are really stout pieces, that I would recommend to anyone. I wasn't looking to raise the front anymore, but I didn't want to be a victim of a broken shackle so ORD's were for me. After I took out the factory shackle I realized how thin the factory's were, and how stout the ORD's are. There is no comparison. I also like the greaseable feature with the ORD shackles. Not to mention that I have had good experiences with Offroad Design before, and I knew there products were top quality.

My Chevy isn't broken, its just out of gas.

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I'd personally make your own shackles. I don't understand how ORD can expect to get money for their shackles. Sure, they're nice, thick, and pre-made--but there's nothing really special about them. The kit is just four pieces of steel with hole drilled in each end.

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles

5. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Your right, but some people (me) doesn't have access to a drill press and other good stuff like that so I just save myself time and hassle and get it from them. Also I can't put that nice coating, or the cool Offroad Design sticker on either.[​IMG]

My Chevy isn't broken, its just out of gas.

6. TwoCrowsDesign

TwoCrowsDesign 1/2 ton status

For 88 and up the ORDs are the same length as stock, the hill's are longer by some measure (2"?)

John