Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Which headers?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Truckfan2, Apr 4, 2001.

1. Truckfan2

Truckfan2 1/2 ton status

Right now I have Hedman headers and they hit my front shackles... I have 6" Tuff country springs and ORD HD shackles w/greasable bushings. Anyone know what header will fit with out hitting? I was thinking of Thorleys... any ideas? Thanks, Pete

Have been stuck (once) as of 8/12/00

2. JST12

JST12 1/2 ton status

Truckfan,
    I have Thorley headers and they hit the shackle too. I don't know what gives with these header companies. If they would just make them a little shorter, everything would be fine. I have gotten comments from several people who attached a come-along to the header and opposite frame rail. They pulled the header until it cleared. I did it too and got enough clearance to drive. Will probably have muffler shop bend or cut header collector and reweld. Good luck. jt

3. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

I've got headman headers and they clear just fine. Are you sure you got the ones for 4x4? They almost look like shortys.

[​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://k5chevyblazer.homestead.com/home.html>http://k5chevyblazer.homestead.com/home.html</A>

4. lehtola

lehtola 1/2 ton status

I looked into it and edelbrock seems to be o.k. and also thorley and one more...flow tech...yep.

1990 GMC Jimmy 350/TH700R4/NP241/10 bolts, 4" skyjacker lift, 35x12.50R15 BFG All Terrains on 15x10 AR Baja's, Flowmasters.

5. Truckfan2

Truckfan2 1/2 ton status

What do you mean by ok? they're supposed to clear the shackle bolt? well, out of thorley, edlebrock and flow tech, which one lasts longest and would fit a vortec head?

Have been stuck (once) as of 8/12/00

6. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

My Thorleys fit just fine. Thorleys are quality pieces, am happy with mine.

7. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

ive got the same problem.im gonna turn the bolt around threads out.get your headers jet hot coated ive seen them they look killer,and supposed to help w/rust cuz they do inside and out.next set i get will be coated by jethot.

PURE INSANITY
    86 blazer silverado 400 horse 350 w/vortec heads 38 x15.5 swampers (40 hawgs next)10 bolts(blah)w/4:88s coming soon,14 bolt.