Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Which Intake To Use?????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by slider, Apr 10, 2005.

1. slider

slider 1/2 ton status

I am looking at replacing my performer intake manifold. It has a crack in it. I have a 350 that is stout, World Products Sportsman 2 heads, 268 comp cam, true roller rockers. Jet stage two Q JET, headers, 456 gears turbo 350 trans, etc. I have been looking at the performer rpm manifold or another performer manifold. I am currently running a blocked cross over so the carb gets no heat MAN THAT SUCKS WHEN ITS COLD. Anyone out there run the Performer Spreadbore rpm manifold? I see where its a little taller and they say it will help a modded motor breath better. I hate too loose too much bottom end. Thanks for the help, Slider

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I've used Dart Kool Can [​IMG] and World Products Dart 2 Sportsman intake [​IMG] Both are very good intake manifolds. The Dart "Kool Can" is a air-gap.

3. slider

slider 1/2 ton status

I need a spread bore type I am running a q jet carb

4. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

i'd go w/ rpm or air gap.from what i've heard you dont really lose much bottom end going from performer to rpm

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

There's always adaptors. :p:

6. Smitty

Smitty 1/2 ton status

I'm running the Performer Airgap on my 383. It runs great down here in Florida but you might have problems with your cold winters up there. I've run the regular Performer on a lot of my engines and it works great. You'll also have the heat runner to warm the bottom of the intake in the winter.

7. 76blazerguy

76blazerguy 1/2 ton status

im running a power+plus crosswind manifold, you do lose some lowend power but i would say its great value for money and it really does improve higher rpms. i didnt get a polished one and the quality of machine work wasnt the greatest so i would recommend a polished one.

8. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

at least a Performer RPM Air Gap or better. the Performer has no business being anywhere near the rest of that engine.