Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Which Intake?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 82_k5, Apr 24, 2005.

1. 82_k5

82_k5 Registered Member

I have a 350 with a 1969 intake manifold on it. I am going to replace the gasket so I was wondering if it would be better to keep that manifold or get a different stock manifold (money issue). The truck is an 82 but all the emissions was removed by the PO and they don't test around here anyways. I got my 82 carb to fit on the 69 manifold I just want to know which one will give the best performance or if there is a difference. Could a leaking intake cause some burning oil or is that not possible? Sorry for all the questions. Thanks a lot.

2. 82_k5

82_k5 Registered Member

anyone?

3. Mad-Dog

Mad-Dog 1/2 ton status

manifold choice depends on the application, most 4x4 vehicles (except mine)
    enjoy a dual-plane low-rise intake manifold with long runners.
    Without knowing whether you have a square-bore or spread-bore carb and what the intended usage is....it's hard to make a intelligent decision.

The only way the intake manifold could cause excessive oil consumption is if the heads were milled to the point where a gap is created at the bottom of the intake ports and the intake draws oil from the valley, angle-milling corrects this problem.