Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Which is a better suspension?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JohnSPledg, Sep 30, 2002.

1. JohnSPledg

JohnSPledg 1/2 ton status

I am finally ready to order my suspension. I am torn between a Black Diamond and a SkyJacker. I want a 6" lift springs front and rear, and a decent ride. I'm not expecting it to ride like a cadillac, but I don't want to jar my fillings loose either. I know a few people who have the skyjacker lifts, but I like the price on the Black Diamond. If BD was still owned by Warn, i wouldn't hesitate, but I don't know if they are still a good quality suspension. Most of my driving will be street, mud, trails, and maybe if I leave the state some rocks. The biggest rocks in louisiana are on gravel roads. Any and all help and opinion are apreciated.

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Duno about thoes two but thought I would tell you that I am very happy with my rear springs from Superlift. I used the SuperLift SuperRide version. They have the teflon inserts and many leafs. So far(5+yrs) they have been great and my rig rides nice!
    GoodLuck

3. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

John,

Something else to consider.....spend some time looking at Tuff Country. A lot of folks here use them and swear by them....they seem to have good ride quality and flex, and are pretty reasonably priced.

Also, in the rear you should consider using a shackle flip of some sort instead of a 6" spring. Having less "arch" in the springpack will give a softer ride. ORD makes a shackeflip for around $160, that I've used on my truck. Also BorregoK5 (one of the CK5 members) has a 100% bolt-on shackleflip kit for about $60, that is a LOT less work to install....I think it adds about 5.5" inches of lift by itself, so you could keep your stock springs in the rear....

Some more ideas for you. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

4. Chris_T

Chris_T 1/2 ton status

For what it's worth I quite like my Skyjacker system. I have 6" front/8" rear springs. I'm sure it doesn't flex like some of the softer setups, but the ride was a vast improvement over my old 4" front/rear blocks from Rancho

5. florida4x4

florida4x4 1/2 ton status

FWIW: My local guru swears by Skyjacker. He feels the quality of the spring pack is superior to most others available...

6. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

i have procomp 4 inch in the rear and not sure whats up front.but the rear rides reallyt nice now.i need to replace the front so it rides evenly bucause the front is stiffer and bounces more than the rear.they are only 290 shipped and tax included.im not sure what 6 inch is but i got them from 4wheel parts wholesalers.they also have theteflon strips between the leave and ride nice.