Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Which is Bigger?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by talldogg, Oct 25, 2000.

1. talldogg

talldogg 1/2 ton status

The radiator for a 454 One ton dually or the one for a 6.2 liter disiel Blazer? I've heard the disiel one is bigger, but I've never seen one. The price for it is $150 more, so I imagine it is bigger. Just want to make sure. Thanks.

It's not what you buy, it's what you build!

2. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Ok I guess I may be the first to post on this also! LOL

I had a diesel one and let me tell you they are HUGE! You will need a new top bracket to hold the radiator down Since they are taller than a normal radiator..

My Blazer used to be a diesel and had the diesel radiator and dual batteries when I got it but had a 350. The radiator came within inches of both battery trays!

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com

3. ken

ken 1/2 ton status

The diesel radiator is by far the bigger of the two. I have a one ton crewcab 454 dually, and the radiator is no wider than a Blazer 350 radiator, although it is a 4 core from the factory. I will be replacing it with a diesel radiator, as it is a bolt in, just make sure you get the proper shroud, otherwise the larger radiator is useless.

ken