Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Which lift kit should I buy?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by JohnnyFresno, Jul 3, 2002.

1. JohnnyFresno

JohnnyFresno 1/2 ton status

I will be buying a 6" lift kit soon. I was wondering what the best choices are? I was thinking TC EZ Ride w/ rear springs. btw I do want rear springs. Or is a shackle flip a better way to go? and can I run 33's off a 6" with a 2 inch body lift? I cant afford to buy bigger tires atm.

Thanks

2. trailblazer87

trailblazer87 1/2 ton status

You will look a little funny with such small tires for that much lift. A 4" lift is perfect for 33's.
    As for which lift, any of them out there that replaces the springs and not just an add-a-leaf set is pretty good. Tuff-Country and Procomp tend to ride pretty stiff, Rancho, Skyjacker (I use these springs in the rear) and some of the other more expensive manufacturers are a little softer and less bouncy. If you replace the rear packs and not just do a shackle flip you will get more spring travel but a stiffer ride.
    If you want bigger tires than 33's, go by 4 wheel parts, they have a used parts list that is heavy on tires, they are usually in pretty good condition, also look in the Fresno Bee, I have found 35" Mickey Thompson's for $300 /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

3. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> From everything that I've heard, Tuff Country EZ-rides are actually the softest springs around. They have the lowest spring rate and the highest free arch. They should flex quite well and ride real nice. For the rear a shackle flip is a great way to go, but you'll have to add a 2" block, or even better yet, some 2" lift springs to get it up to the same height as the front since the shackle flip is only good for 4". I'd avoid the add-a leaf.</font color>

4. Supergas

Supergas 1/2 ton status

I have the TC EZ Ride lift kit including 2" front 4" rear springs(takes the rear sag out and sits very level) with their shocks, ORD greasable extended shackles and I have no trouble with clearance with 33-12.50's... For me this is the most lift I would ever install... The ride is a bit stiff at the present time (but I am old and maybe more tender than you young guys) but it seems to be getting softer the more I drive it...