Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Which Lift kit?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 76blazerguy, Nov 28, 2004.

1. 76blazerguy

76blazerguy 1/2 ton status

Im planning on installing a lift kit this winter and i think im gonna go with a 6inch lift kit. Now i dont know which kit to get. I was going to buy the Skyjacker 6inch or 8inch but now im tempted about buying the tuff country 6inch lift. Does anyone have any ideas and pros or cons of the kits and the differences between the 2?
    Thanks im new to this and im trying to learn before i spend my money. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. Smitty

Smitty 1/2 ton status

I used the Tuff Country lift. Went with both front and rear springs. It's a good kit. I've also heard nothing but good about the BDS kits.

3. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

i have BDS and i wish i would have got the rear springs(this winter).don't use blocks if you can avoid it. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. Smitty

Smitty 1/2 ton status

I also hear that BDS has a great warranty.

5. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I would pick Tuff country or BDS. Skyjacker makes the best late model coil lifts but I don't know about their leaf springs. I wouldn't worry about running blocks. I tow, pull, and wheel mine and I have 4" blocks. I have never had any problems what so ever.