Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Which lift to get...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ftn96, Nov 13, 2000.

1. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Getting 4" lift 1st of Jan. Don't have lots o money and I'm a part timer (wheelin that is, and mostly mud around here).
    What would be the best lift for the dollar for me? Will be running 33's BFG's or General's. I heard the rough country's are "rough" lol.. And the superlifts are supposed to be pretty soft. But I don't wnat to be floatin all over the damn road either. Can you'll help me?

Don't you buy no ugly truck!

2. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I have a 2.5 inch Procomp lift with 33 swampers, and Procomp shocks. Don't get Procomp way too stiff. The next lift I am going to get is going to be from Superlift! Cost all depends if you want springs all around or a block kit for the rear. Do a search on this topic, for more info..

3. I thought yould get more replies than this.

IF IT AINT BIG IT AINT BAD!!!!!!

4. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Sence you want to 'save' money I would go with SuperLift or Rancho with the rear blocks for now! THEN save your money some more like by summertime eather do a shakel flip or install a set of rear spring packs. I would consider the block to be a temporary solution for lifting the rear not permanate.
    I think the main thing is picking a Company that stands behind their product and so far Superlift and Rancho seam to do so.
    Good luck!

72K5[​IMG]Led Zeppelin[​IMG]Rock ON![​IMG]
    http://www.burt4x4.coloradok5.com

5. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

I guess everyone is tired of talking about lifts. :(
    I priced the skyjackers for $349 + 59 for the steering arm. And yes I was planning on the shackle flip after I purchased the tires. MAn Im going to look funny riding around with 4" lift and 29" tires. LOL!!!
    I thought the ranchos where a bit more expensive? I'll have to start me research all over again and refresh my memory.

Don't you buy no ugly truck!

6. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I have a Tuff Country lift and I love it. It rides really good. If you end up getting it though, paint the u-bolt nuts with some kind of rust preventative stuff, becasue mine are already rusting...Also the brakeline brackets rusted while sitting on the floor of my room...

90K5

7. edeslaur

edeslaur Registered Member

I have a Rancho PreRunner 2.5" (really almost 4") with 36s after some careful front fender rework. I don't like the rear springs since they've sagged around 2". Rancho did swap them out for me once, but they're sagging again, so it just proves that it's a pickup lift.

However, the lift does work well.

Talk to http://www.offroaddesign.com - they have reasonably priced lifts that flex well.

Eric D
    88 K30 Blazer

8. MTPockets

MTPockets 1/2 ton status

i put 4" tuff country springs on the front and a shackle flip rear. the TC's are great on road and off. also depends on shock selection. blocks will work for occasional off roading and will save you a few hundred dollars. cant really get away without buying a steering arm though. you should be able to get your k5 lifted for under 400 bucks for everything. there is always room for improvement later.
    good luck,
    MTPockets.

9. clintsk5

clintsk5 1/2 ton status

I've had Superlift springs on both of my Blazers (6 inch)...One with the "soft-ride" springs and one with the regular!..The soft-ride Superlift front springs are my favorite!..nice ride, plenty of "flex" and not too bad on the pocket book!!. "{The 6" 4Wheel Parts lift kit" comes with these choices of springs and is only $350 bones that includes bushings, bolt kits, blocks, and brake line extentions!...So, 4-inchers should be alot less!!!..Just my .02 cents!