Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Which motorcycle training would be better?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Apr 2, 2006.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Two companies, both about the same price for the beginner package.

Company A's package:
    -(4) 1 on 1 closed course 1-hour riding lessons
    -Guided riding in light traffic
    -They will privde a bike and chase car for DMV road test (one of the things that makes road tests such a hassle)

Company B's package:
    -18 hours of mixed classroom and closed course/on-bike training
    -If you pass the class, waiver for the DMV road test (automatically get your license)

I emailed Company A and asked them to tell me why I'd want to use them instead of what appears to be the much more thorough training provided by Company B, and the reply was that they offer 1 on 1 lessons, and riding in traffic. They got a little contradictory, said the Company B test with the DMV waiver was harder than the DMV road test that they'll take me to, but that their lessons are better. Then he got all bent and said "if you just want classroom training to commit recreational suicide and no real-world experience, then please don't bother learning to ride a motorcycle."

So anyway, I think Company B would teach me better, but what are some of your more experienced riders thoughts?

2. gauder

gauder Banned

Company B. If for no other reason now than that Company A employs A55HOLES!

3. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

No question........................B!

4. broc944

broc944 1/2 ton status

Company B, sounds like one I took years ago, nationally recognized organization, I had to take a written test, but no road test, I had let my license expire will overseas, plus I get 15 percent off on my bike insurance, which has adds up if you figure you will have a bike all your life.

5. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Just get some training wheels and You'll be set Ratch!

6. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

b
    the dmv test is retarded, and not having to take it was real nice, i had to take the class in Cali(required if under 21) than just took the paper test at the dmv, much better imho.
    plus you have been riding for a while now, so unless you take a advanced rider course, you aren't going to learn a whole lot, maybe a little technique, but thats about it.