Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

which mp3 player is best?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by jekbrown, Jul 9, 2002.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

might get a head unit that can run mp3s off of CDs soon. wondering which ones have the best mp3 file *reading* capabilties? I don't like little bursts of static, weird errors and all that poop. Not really worried about how much on-board power the thing has... i'd be using seperate amps anyway. The only 2 features that are really required is error-free play and a detachable face. It would, of course, be nice if the thing wasn't outrageously priced... any recommendations?

J

2. k5wantabe

k5wantabe Registered Member

I've had the Sony 450cd mp3 player now for a couple of weeks. Love it! Sounds great and is very easy to
    use. Switches between folders (albums) easily and files(songs)too. Has plenty of power and has a removable
    face. Another nice feature is if you shut off the truck with the face still on it beeps a couple of times to remind
    you that you didn't take it off. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

3. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

I can sell you a Panasonic 171U for 220.00 new in box shipped to your door. I have had wonderful luck with this unit and it is by far the cheapest MP3 player I have. It has all the features you are wanting and is very easy to control. I can get many units that a fancier, but it looks like you want a basic detachable face unit.

If you wanted a Blaupunkt MP3000 I could get you one for 210.00 shipped a San Jose would be 230.00 shipped

A JVC KDSx980 w/ remote 200.00

sony CDXMP30 220.00 CDXMP70 375.00

4. unicknn

unicknn 1/2 ton status

I have a Pioneer DEH760MP. Its great. It has these displayes that are beautiful. It comes with like 10 of them It have a 200W amp on it too which is good to have.

Nick

5. 88streetblaze

88streetblaze 1/2 ton status

how do you get the mp3's to play? when i put in the disc all i get is static, the rockford is should automatically play mp3's but it dosen't and yet the computer shows that the mp3's are there, or am i doing something wrong when i make the disc?

6. walt88

walt88 1/2 ton status

You are doing something wrong when u record the disc. PM me if you need help man.

7. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Try looking here.

8. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

I got some more of the 171U's in on a sale and have them for 210.00 shipped

9. DeGreaser

DeGreaser Registered Member

The SonicBlue RioCar is by far the best. Unfortunately it's no longer available but you can find them on ebay. 80GB+ disk, runs linux, you can ftp, telnet. It has 10baseT, USB and serial interfaces. It even has a built in web server. And it plays mp3's too /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

If you can get hold of one, there is an active support community writing software for it. Darn near cult-like following - kinda like K5s /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

10. bdkmiller

bdkmiller Registered Member

Don,
    I just checked out a binch of RioCar websites & i am intrigued. Do you happen to have one? How hard are they to come by? And how well do they handle the tight suspension of a K5?
    Thanks,
    Brian

11. 88streetblaze

88streetblaze 1/2 ton status

just for anybody who is intrested, Rockford has a problem with mp3's made off of windows XP, so for the time i'm s.o.l.